I think I'll be taking a break from the FGC/internet

That’s your opinion and no one else’s unless they agree with you. Capcom is trying to prevent cheaters in sf5, but caused an issue with the game for trying to do that. Now there removing it so pc owners don’t have problems running the game. And dood stopping hating especially when your no better than KI’s haters. We get it you hate Capcom even if they try not to do anything wrong.

I’m not taking a break from playing KI. I’m taking a break from fighting game streams, forums and communities.

They didn’t cause an issue with the game. They opened a massive security hole in the users PC by installing an unsigned driver that granted kernal level permissions to any application that requested it. A couple twitter comments summed it up best:

‘…so they gave hackers the keys to our metaphorical houses?’

‘No, they put C4 on the door and blew it right off,’

If that sort of thing is okay with you, whatever. But it’s not about ‘being a hater’ or “causing an issue with the game,”. Moreover, the rootkit, while aimed at preventing cheats and hacks, did NOT get installed on the PS4, despite the PS4 community being just as guilty - if not more, considering that in order to accomplish such on PS4 requires not only minor hacks of the game itself, but of the PS4 OS.

You’re significantly downplaying how bad Capcom f’d up. Yes, they redacted it relatively quickly, but the problem is that such epic levels of incompetence and disregard for the security of their supporters never should have been reached in the first place. No offense, but to say they “did nothing wrong” is both absurd and fantastically ignorant.

1 Like

Still you dont get it. Its sad, but hey lets just insult others for fun right? Oh and lets try to make sure others do the same so that way only jerks can post.

He never insulted you…you claim you get offended at insults… Yet you call him a fool.

4 Likes

And its not a bad word.

I didn’t get offend.

I’m with Durtydee on this, MDMMORNING didnt insult anyone, you are ‘less friendly’ then he was…

Forget about it.

Already forgotten :sunglasses:

Good good.

I am aware. I was actually saying that with lots of new stuff to explore, there will also be much to discuss. Therefore, it would probably be a pity to take a break now from the forum.

I don’t think that their bad implementation of anti cheating systems means they are actively trying to hack your pc and steal your stuff, i think people is overreacting to this.

No, but by doing this they could be opening a back door into your PC that others could exploit to hack your PC and steal your stuff.

True and for now its gone, but as always lets hope it doesnt get worse or Capcom will be in some serious trouble.