I think I know what I don't like about KI

Way too long for me to read but what I did you’re pretty much right. I don’t really consider myself to be a good player and tbh I barely play ki, maybe on the weekends. I don’t play enough to be able to memorize every characters weaknesses and how to punish every single “cheap” strategy, quite honestly I don’t have the time to bother.

So it’s unfortunate in the sense that a lot of people take advantage of easy to control characters by “maining” them and spamming the same cheap crap over and over, and when you’re not used to it you just get beat over and over until you learn how to counter. That’s fine, but if the developer sells out and makes too many characters like that in the hope of making more money, it affects the overall character of the game in that it starts feeling like a game that only kids who, for example, know how to play cheap with sabrewulf play. Then you get tea bagged and the kid gets to think he’s super cool - not my idea of a good time.

If they’re going to cater to less skilled by making easy to control characters, then they should also balance that out somewhere else without forcing you to have to learn every single characters potential abuse of the easy controls and how to counter it. Like I said before, It’s a cheap, easy way to address a common problem in fighters.

Not everyone is some coolguy bromeo spending 40 hours a week training for the competition of his life, some people just like to play casually without having to deal with dumb bullshit

You know what? I see where you’re coming from. But at some point you have to decide if it’s worth your time to “work” at getting better to beat those kids, or if you’d rather not deal with the aggravation.

It’s a never ending cycle because I play a ton of KI and I have really plateaued my skill. I know I could get better if I spent more time in the practice mode and “labbed up” my fighting technique. But I just don’t want to spend my time that way. The tradeoff is that I just accept that I am going to be beaten by players who do spend that time practicing. It’s not the game’s fault.

If you want to play casually (literally casually like you describe, not “casual” as a derogatory gamer term) then the best thing is to find some friends or make some friends online who have a similar interest and skill at the game and play with them. You can agree to “house rules” if you want - like “no one can just spam the same ■■■■ over and over.”

EDIT: Why do you have to ruin our nice chat by saying something like this?

If you think a character is “boring” due to the inputs because you haven’t yet got to the point where muscle memory has made all your inputs completely unconscious.

To most players who’ve had time with the characters the fact they’re doing some input motion doesn’t even register in their mind. To me it’s “I want to do this move” and it just happens.

1 Like

Because it’s an example of the developers cheesing the game out so it’s easy for newcomers (to make more money, not to make the game better) and then only focusing on tournament play, it’s contradictory. It’s one or the other. If you’re gonna make your game tourney friendly, don’t cheese it and sell out by making noob friendly characters as a quick cash grab because all that happens is people learn how to play cheap; real skilled players learn all the cheap moves and know how to counter, but everyone in the middle just feels like the game sucks.

It’s worth pointing out that if you’re unfamiliar with the matchup against a character, the potential for losing against it over and over is there, regardless of how simple or difficult the controls are. ARIA has tons of complexity to her playstyle, what with calling assists, swapping bodies for different specials, etc; if you don’t know how to fight against her, you’ll struggle against someone who IS more familiar with the game and matchup just as much as against someone playing Sabrewulf. Lack of knowledge makes a FAR bigger difference than the buttons you need to press to make a special work.

You’re also leveling large criticisms against both the game and the community, which, considering you clearly state that you “barely play” the game, means that it’s a lot more difficult to take statements like “coolguy bromeo” in any kind of constructive form. It isn’t a perfect game, but it definitely sounds like the bigger part of the problems you’re having stems from lack of understanding and experience, rather than a failure in the input design.

I guess I see the point you’re trying to make, but I’m just kind of unmoved because the simple fact is everyone is kind of cheap in KI.

I play Hisako, a character who uses nothing but hadouken and tiger knee inputs, and I promise you I could put any Wulf player to shame with “cheap” tactics. I could do the same with Sadira and I could do the same with Aria, who has the full range of hadouken and shoryuken inputs. The execution barriers of KI might stop a 7-year old from being “cheap”, but it really isn’t anything special, particularly not for anyone with a history with fighters.

So yeah, kids can play Wulf with reasonably low level thought processes and still get stuff to come out, but it’s really not much more egregious than the crap most anyone can get away with in this game, provided they can throw a hadouken.

Once again people. I’m not talking about easy execution. Stom179. Yes that is what I was saying. Imagine Tekken characters already being in juggle state from the start of the round, and all you had to do was land a hit, to get your juggles. A silly thing to imagine, but that’s what I’m saying. Off to play some matches.

you know…its funny…those same “noob friendly charecters” have clear weaknesses they have to have to contrast their skills. all it takes is the effort to find hat information and use it. its not the devs fault there are people are willingly deciding not to put in a little practise in order to find out and exploit the weaknesses they put into their charecters to balance their strength and then blameing the game for haveng op charecters.

i mean there are literally modes you can go on in order to improve your combo breaking skills, training mode where you can record combos people do in order to find what can beat it. there are a pluthera of people on this forum that can give you tips and even help by fighting you with that charecter…and yet you decide to ignore it all and blame easy combos and inputs and charecters for your woes. lol if you cant even put in the effort to do that how can you expect to put in the effort to learn difficult inputs and use it effectivel if the devs decide to put it into the game?

you can bring a horse to the lake but you cant make the horse drink the water. and in this case i see a horse dying from thirst yet blaming the rider for not giving him water while they are at a lakeside…

Lol. In this case the horse is actually blaming the rider for making it too easy for other people to drink…

1 Like

You guys have a major problem with anyone disliking the game. This is the feedback forum and this topic is about someone complaining about easy combos. I agree with what you guys are saying but all it really amounts to is “get gud bro”

That’s the whole point, some people don’t live on Xbox and have 20, 30 hours a week to spend learning every possible counter for every possible cheap way to play. Like someone said everyone who plays ki is cheap.

So, it’s up to the devs, if they want to address it and make the game more fun for everyone, and not just the real good players and the super cheap ones, and no one in between.

Seems to me like the devs value making more cash grab, cheap players and selling out.

Just my opinion, don’t hate me for it

We don’t have a problem with someone disliking the game. Its the way you talk. You joined the forums like 2 days ago and i’ve already seen you in multiple threads throwing the word kiddie around and stuff. Apparently you cant have a mature conversation.

There is a difference between a rant/just complainign about the game and offering feedback/constructive criticism. You are just complaining right now. Offer some feed back and a way how to fix it and we will listen. Furthermore,there needs to be a problem. You not willing to learn how to counter a strategy that you seem cheap is not a problem. Considering you can just ask on the forums and learn how to beat it. Learning how to beat a “cheap stratedy” doesn’t require someone to be competitve at the game. It requires someone who is willing to spend 2-3 minutes to go on the forums and ask how to do so and then check a bit later and and check.

1 Like

This is the feedback forum, that’s what it’s for

I’m not just complaining and I have said things which I think could make it better. I’m not a dev so the best I can do is post in the feedback forum.

It’s ok if someone dislikes your game, or has issues with it, just walk away, go play some more ki. Not my fault you get all upset about it.

There is a big difference between disliking something about k.i and being ignorant about a solution to a problem and instead choose to say this. ^^

It doesn’t take 20 hrs a day to look for the solution to your problem on the internet, try it out for a while on practice not even an hour, more like 10-15 min before going online to try out your new piece of wisdom.

3 Likes

You know what? I’m actually really proud of the community on this thread. There’s a whole bunch of people on here trying to help you out. No one is calling you names or telling you that you have a scrub mentality. Everyone is trying to share logic and helpful advice with you.

You, on the other hand are calling people names, deriding the game and generally making yourself look awful. All because you think the designers ought to design a game that allows YOU to win and prevents others from doing so.

I’m done with you. You have a terrible attitude, your views on difficult execution make no sense at all and it’s clear that what you are really unhappy about is losing. But you don’t want to put in any effort to get better. Instead it’s the fault of the game, the developers and the community that you are unhappy. Players that beat you aren’t good, they are just playing “wrong.” With this attitude you will not enjoy the game, no matter what the devs do. Whole books have been written about exactly this type of attitude and there’s nothing we can do to help you.

6 Likes

The point is that we don’t feel you’re looking at it from a fair viewpoint, having relatively little experience with the game, as you describe it.

It looks like your complaints are that the execution for moves needs to be more difficult, characters need to be toned far down, but the game also needs to be easy for someone who barely plays to beat someone who plays often - to me, this combination of things doesn’t make sense.

Nobody’s saying “get good” but the things you’re having trouble with in terms of character matchups and “cheap tactics” aren’t actually as bad as you think they are, it just looks that way because of your current level of experience. When I started playing the game, I didn’t understand why my character would suddenly drop combos, and I was really frustrated because it happened to me all the time. Eventually I learned more about Counter Breakers and how to trigger them (which is what was happening unintentionally), and was able to stop myself from initiating one when I didn’t mean to.

If I had come here and complained about the “gong noise” that makes me drop combos, and say it either shouldn’t drop the combo, or should involve different inputs, I wouldn’t have received a great reception, and it honestly isn’t the right way to approach it. As others have said, there is a lot of training/practice content available in the game, and the best way to get past what you’re currently seeing as “cheap” is to take advantage of those tools, and find someone to play with who can help you to learn.

I’ve been itching to reply to his posts, but he’s just baiting…
Can we all just try and ignore him? Otherwise this’ll keep going. He doesnt like the game, he said so, he should be playing a game he does like then, not hang around here.
Anyone with me?

I didn’t come here for help I came to give feedback to the devs

Don’t care about talking to you guys

this forum doesn’t allow to block users sadly

And thus, the horse has died of dehydration. With no point in beating a dead horse I will take my leave from this conversation…-_-