I found my top three mains did you?

Jago, Rash and Sabrewulf.

Hey, I’m a simple man.

Spinal. Riptor. Eyedol.

2 Likes

Aganos, Kan Ra, and the last slot goes to either General RAAM or Tusk.

ARIA, Eyedol… distant 3rd Omen

Aganos, Gargos, Eyedol, and Raam following them up close

Something that has always plagued me is the constant need to be having the most fun. For me, I have the most fun either learning new characters or playing my favorite character and winning against relatively equally skilled opponents, even if I lose. Since I’m always learning new characters I constantly have my “2. & 3.” spot changing, but i do have a relatively well thought out idea of who is more fun for ME to play.

1. Kan-Ra. Been my main since the launch of Aganos.
  2. Cinder. Picked him up a month ago and really enjoy playing him. Like the maneuverability and juggles.
  3. Hisako. Just creates an amazing style of play. She plays differently than the entire cast, but in a good way.
  4. Sadira. She creates another style of play. Her juggles and Instinct can create some awesome moments.
  5. Omen. For lack of a better explanation "F***in Sick!"
    But again, this is just me. There are so many other characters that were even in my top 5 like Arbiter, Gargos, Shago, Orchid, Aria, Aganos was a big one for a while (Yes pun intended), Mira, General RAAM, Fulgore, Glacius etc…
    The list of incredible characters in this game is amazing. Everyone fits so well, with their own unique playstyle and gimmicks. There is a character for everyone to enjoy. (except true zoner, fingers crossed for this last character).

Hisako as main (I maintain that you can only have one “main”, unless your name is Rico Suave). Sadira and Jago as pockets.

2 Likes

To the contrary. . . .i don’t think rico Mained other characters. I just think that KI S2 was just to easy for him. I’ll explain. At the works cup in 2016 he used the New unexplored character shadow jago for the majority and beat players who had experience with their characters. Throughout the s2 competitive scene hee juggled characters and beat ppl based on match ups (which doesn’t quantify as maining characters, it just means that he used logic to come out in favourable odds). At the same works cup the only time he used glacius (a zoner) was against mygods sabrewulf (and he won convincingly). In S3 he mains gargos now. That’s who he used in online and offline tournaments in the latter part of s3.

My main is Omen. I pocket Kan Ra and Shadow Jago. Dio i guess the only character that matters is my main :joy:

I dunno, bass assist > shotgun knee > mix up/combo > fly away > repeat > supreme victory works on literally the entire cast. Sure someone might do something cheeky every now and then like go invincible or preemptively dp the shotgun knee or maybe the mix up you choose to do is unsafe but aside from i guess dealing with Aganos chunks or not letting arbiter snipe my drones i could really care less who my opponent picked. And this isn’t just low level players either, I’m talking multi prostar players here. Sure once that body is gone she plays more fairly and cares about the match up but at the start its all Aria time.

RAAM, Mira, and Jago.

i think the thing here is that, in theory, ARIA would have the freedom to do whatever shenanigans she wants to anyone, but it still depends on having resources.

i consider assist bodies to be a “resource” the same way that shadow meter is, only instead of it being a resource you start with none and build up, it’s the opposite, where it’s a resource you start with that you could lose for the rest of the match. her ability to start momentum and keep it going is IMO a valid fear and totally the truth in the right hands, but she’s also one of, if not the only character (except Mira to a degree) who actively degrades as the fight goes on longer. 3 bodies with lower health is also a little more difficult to manage than 2 healthbars of larger value, and although you can switch bodies at will, it’s very unsafe unless you do a body switch ender.

…buuuuut that’s kind of offtopic since we’re supposed to be talking about mains and not strategies, OOPS @ ME >_>

Riptor, Glacius, and Sabrewulf.

Well, @SithLordEDP isn’t wrong. Aria is one of those characters who doesn’t really care about the MU pretty much the instant she knocks you down. DP or no DP, counters or parries or whatever, it’s pretty much all the same to her if she’s in booster with bass assist still available. She can setplay the entire cast to death with almost no variation in the overall application of her vortex.

1 Like

I also main Glacius silly me.

Maya
Hisako
The third spot is interchangeable between Spinal, Shinsako, Orchid and feeble attempts to actually stick to playing as some of the rest of the cast. :smiley:

I don’t believe in having multiple mains. To me, you only have one main (Cinder) but you also play other characters.

Sadira, Sadira, and Sadira… is there really anybody else?

I have no main.
Favorites - Females
Least Favorites - Males
That pretty much sums it up. lol

Kan-Ra, Tusk and Kilgore. I had so much fun with Kilgore, Tusk is the spirit to my DAH!, and Kan-Ra… well he was my first character I started playing (only because he’s a mummy).

1 Like