I don't play KI as much as I'd like to... Here's why

I love this KI, i play it all the time and sometimes take a good week to a month off to reset my brain. The hardest part is simply learning the matchup against someone you have little experience against. I play a lot of characters and that is usually what i have to overcome before i can bring my new up and comer online into ranked.

Some people keep mentioning S4. Is there even gonna be one?

I believe there will-
Just not as thorough as the previous seasons
I anticipate subtle additions like costumes/ colors and player mode options, maybe our ki2 stage practice walls/ music along with shadow lords updates

Since Shadow Lords can be updated (no need to lay a new foundation) and the lighting has already gotten an overhaul, season 4 can focus on the smaller things (online training, cleaning up slight blemishes on characters, Shadow Lab integration, etc) in addition to new characters

or they ignore all that and spent all their money on Ultimates for everyone

Personally I’m all for the first option

KI2018 Confirmed!!!1!

3 Likes

I see a LOT of this going on lately, especially in the “Is KI dead” thread. I get that people don’t like certain aspects of the gameplay. That’s fine, we’re all entitled to our opinions. But to go as far as to ascribe a particular opinion about particular aspects of the gameplay to the reasoning why the game’s dying or not doing well in the tourney scene etc without one shred of evidence linking the two is really getting old.

The stuff I’m reading honestly looks like “Why is KI not doing well at the tourney scene? Because there’s no ultimates. I happen to want those and they’re not there so boom. Causal link.” I don’t get how people think this is a sound, logical argument.

Are you kidding me? Did you see the paul b tier list? It was a fervor about statistics when, obviously, almost no one had every picked up a statistics book (and most def not the loudest ones). I had to block that thread bc of how ridiculously ignorant most people sounded.

Now you’re expecting (and rightly so) a geometric styled proof? Like you said, they’ll connect any dots that are convenient to them (tournament scene died bc fulgore is too good
zzzZZZzzZZZzzz) without ever hearing the stats 101 phrase, “correlation does not imply causation”

2 Likes

Well

I don’t play KI as much as I’d like to
 Here’s why

new games coming out like crazy train!

Gears, Recore, BF1, WOW legion, DOOM
 i dont have time to play KI :smiley:

1 Like

ye well hahaha I can quote you on thatXD

1 Like

I played the game as a kid and had no idea they brought it back until this year when a family member told me. I don’t check for Xbox releases since I’m a PS fan so that’s why I didn’t know. A lot of people seemed excited about the game during streams of SCR. They didn’t know about the game either so I agree with you.

1 Like

KI has so many very clever features and amazing depth / polish etc. However to ensure it stays fun to the average person like me they need to stop adding characters and focus on improving training mode. How about Dojo for every character? What about in game match up advice instead of having to troll the forums. KI imo is the most complex fighting game out there - maybe head to head with Tekken - but without learning all the moves of the whole cast people just get bodied which kills the fun.

Stop releasing new champs. Focus on helping everyone get to know the ones that are in the game. Release new accessories and colours and a Godlike Tier in ranked.

The game is awesome but complex - you have got to focus on smoothing that difficulty curve to find widespread success. Auto combos were a step in the right direction but this is an area that should be continued.

What fighting games other than KI/tekken have you played?

I think KI mechanic wise isn’t as complex as other figthing games. Try learning GG and BlazeBlue that’s just complicated as all hell. The real master stems from dealing with what you have on hand against other players. Sure there’s quite a few matchups you have to learn but that’s an issue with all fighters with a big roster.

I’m fine with waiting till next gen KI for AAA presentation, if they can muster the budget for such a thing.

As for breaking to me it’s pretty simple: so long as it’s not an opener or an ender, you should be able to break it.

In SF/Smash and I’m sure many other fighting games you don’t need to care much about the combos other characters do (you wait for them to finish until it’s your “turn” again) - in KI you have to learn the timing of every single shadow linker of the cast and every single autodouble and linker, manual and recapture animation for the whole cast. For a non pro player that is hugely inhibitive.

I think you’re greatly underestimating how complex other fighting games are. Like, by a massive amount. In KI you have to learn what stuff looks like to break, but learning what the opponent’s options are to escape offense is not something unique to KI. In something like blazblue you have to learn every character’s Gatling options, learn which chains you can mash out of, which moves you can consistently instant block, which moves you should instant barrier instead of instant block, and also learn a whole host of option selects both offensively and defensively if you wanna hang with the killers. KI’s combo system is also very straightforward compared to many other games; confirming off weird, random hits is a skill that’s very downplayed in KI due to the way openers work.

This isn’t criticism toward KI, just saying it’s definitely not the most complex fighter out there.

1 Like

I played a lil DoA5. Didn’t they have a really good training mode that went on a character by character basis. I’d love something like that. But honestly the #1 thing I don’t like about the game are the dumb accessories. I’d like cooler stuff to unlock.

Here comes the damage control.

this post was like two months ago brah : U ya necroing stuff I assume. OP stated his reasons people stated their disagreements some can even offer the fella help.

I think ur just here to troll. lol

Well good to know.