How to learn play with characters than Jago?

Hello,

I finished training mode with Jago, final moves was very hard and took hours to complete.
How to practice with other characters ? they dont have this guided training.
Feels long task to start studying new character but is it ?

I have never used autocombos and never will. Autos feel like cheating
If planning to be good Manuals are way to go?.

Jago is the only character with a “dedicated” training regimen - if you want to learn to play another character you’ll have to do it the old-fashioned way (practice mode and matches, whether against people or the computer).

I’ll assume that by “autocombos” you mean autodoubles and not Combo Assist Mode? Manuals are a useful skill to know, but aren’t the be-all end-all. Optimal play will actually involve a combination of autodoubles and manuals (manuals are harder to break, but autodoubles do more damage and are often better for baiting counter breakers). I’d caution against developing an irrational aversion to using AD’s - they have their uses even in high-level play.

2 Likes

Yeah, the combo system in KI features “auto doubles” which is a term from the original game to describe a single button press that delivers two hits. These are critical components of the game and definitely not “cheating.”

As far as learning other characters, much of what you learn in the tutorial with Jago is transferable to other characters. Adapting between them as far as the basics in KI is not all that hard. Like with anything, becoming a truly excellent player takes time and effort. But KI is not especially hard to pick up and play.

I would pick a character that you think is cool and just get started. Good choices for new players would be Sabrewulf, Riptor, (Jago), Shin Hisako, Orchid (although she is tough to be truly good with her gameplan is still pretty simple) and Tusk (although he’s a little weird). Characters with very unique mechanics that you need to master to play well you might want to avoid. These would be Kan Ra, Gargos, Sadira, Mira, Aganos and maybe also Maya.

Good luck and have fun. A good place to look for help leveling up is the GGs thread on this forum. You can ask people to play you in long sets there.