How to deal with wake up Shadow Boot into Instinct?

I need help. I don’t really know what to do. Rash can just wake up and cancel into instinct. It’s a free win win situation for Rash. It hits? He can go into a standard combo for free. Blocked? He gets a mix up. Not sure what to do. I can’t really avoid being near Rash on knockdown as the boot has so much range. What do I do?

What character are you using?

I’m using Fulgore/Jago/Gargos.

Walk into the edge of its range, backdash it.
Oh and meaty fireballs work well too.

3 Likes

Jago used to be able to DP it on reaction actually. Could just stand beside Rash, see the screen freeze, and then just mash out a DP to bop the shadow boot.

Or you could just play Hisako :smile:

4 Likes

Oh that seems neat actually! Does that Jago trick still work? I need to test this.

With fulgore you could teleport out of range (bit of a hard read though). If you have meter you can shadow teleport on reaction to shadow boot

1 Like

I really dont know of any other approach that hasn’t been suggested already. I kinda wonder if S. Portal Punch on reaction backs Gargos up enough to evade and punish it.

Really, just wanted to say that’s a situation where its a “Rash meta” so to speak. Kinda in the same ways like…if you separate Maya from a dagger and she has instinct, a raw activation might be coming.

So for me, i started trying to pay attention to Rash’s meter and instinct bars near the end of each lifebar, where this is likely to occur. As a Kim player, i can stuff S. Boot off a read with a parry, making them waste a bar. That’s my advice; trying to notice that timing. Get a feel for that and break Rash of his mixup.