How does the input work for her Jump Cancel's

Title says it all. I’m not exactly sure how to do it, I know it says HP+HK while jumping but I cant get it to come out. I will admit i haven’t spent more than 15 minutes trying to get it to work but for someone who picks things up instantly in KI I’ve grown concerned that I’m doing something wrong.
I’ve gotten as far as just spamming HK and jump getting that sleek HK double spam that deals crazy damage. I can also do an “around the world persay” with her LK-MP-HK with the cancels, but its very inconsistent. I know im not doing it right lmfaooo
Can anyone explain what I’m doing wrong?

Thanks for the help!

To my knowledge, you just throw out an attack, hold up and continue holding it as you continue to attack.

If it’s anything like Cinder’s jump cancellable moves, just hold the jump command in which ever direction you wish to jump in, and it will cancel out the recovery of the move into the jump. Cinder’s crouching HP is jump cancellable, and that’s how his works.

Hold up. For a pre-jump cancel input what you want to come out before she leaves the ground, otherwise you’ll just get your jump cancel. Keep in mind she only gets jump cancel on all moves when she’s in instinct.

Thanks so so so much to all of you. I didn’t know holding it was they key to success. @DEClimax @IronFlame @GalacticGeek