How do i deal with trolls, bullies and Aholes online?

Yo everyone. I’m here to ask the community for some advise on how to deal with those individuals who act like aholes online.

This is one of the many dudes that resort to this online.

So with that in mind. Any advise, guys.

Wait, are you serious? Come on man, just ignore them. Trolls need attention, doesn’t matter what it is. Anything response is fuel for their fire. Trolls are like monkey, so stop showing them you’re buttons.

3 Likes

I would say just by the first tirade alone you could have reported him to Steam for threatening you like that whether it was copy and pasted or not.

I don’t think anyone can actually track you via your IP anyways. They can find out the city maybe but not your exact address.

In a situation where you don’t have to respond, do just that. Mute them, block them, ignore them, report them.

In a situation where you have to respond, just be goofy and attempt to piss them off without getting nasty.

“God, what the hell is this guy’s problem? Are you autistic or something?” ( Troll insults)

“My problem is my refrigerator. It just doesn’t work. Do you know what Chinese food smells like after three days in a broken fridge? Imagine vomiting on a skunk covered in raw sewage. That’s a man’s smell, right there!” Read in the voice of Patrick Warburton.

It usually makes them even more angry and turns everything against them.

Don’t stoop to insults of your own, though. that will escalate the problem. This is just based on my personal experience, and I hope this helps. Sorry you have been bothered.

1 Like

And as stated above, don’t take him too seriously. The guy uses 4chan and admits to it. He clearly isn’t worth your time or energy. Also, do you have your steam set to only receive messages from friends? That could solve your problem. take care

This. So much this. Also, feel free to kill them with kindness. :wink:

[quote=“MadMagician117, post:4, topic:12658, full:true”]“God, what the hell is this guy’s problem? Are you autistic or something?” ( Troll insults)

“My problem is my refrigerator. It just doesn’t work. Do you know what Chinese food smells like after three days in a broken fridge? Imagine vomiting on a skunk covered in raw sewage. That’s a man’s smell, right there!” Read in the voice of Patrick Warburton.
[/quote]

I don’t take the guy serious, I just lol till they get tired, But i don’t get spooked that easily, specially from little kids behind a PC.

1 Like

best way to deal with a troll is just to ignore them and not even bother to reply. personally i wouldve told that guy to go fuckk his own face and get laid, then block him. lol

How do I deal with trolls, bullies, and aholes online?

Whatever you do, don’t post about their nasty behavior towards you on these forums if they’re a fellow member here - it’ll come back and bite you in the butt with a temporary or even permanent forum ban (since it violates forum guidelines), like with what happened to me this week. :frowning:

Don’t feed them, ignore them, report them, anything that does not involve feeding them.

I know it can be obnoxious but that’s all they are. Don’t let it get to you.