How different is it from KI 1 and KI 2?

So i thought with season 3 id get into KI. Trying to see if its something id like I tried to play KI 1 and 2 and didn’t really like them. I know their old and KI 2013 will be more polished and better to play but overall the whole linker, opener , auto double stuff is just meh to me. In the first 2 anyway.

How good are KI 1 and 2 in representing how KI 2013 and would you still recommend KI 2013 for someone who didn’t like the old ones.

I really dislike the old ones.
Really.
But I definitely love KI 2013, actually it’s a completely different game…I think it’s the best fighting game I’ve ever played (2D and 2.5D and among the best even considering 3Ds).

2 Likes

4 Likes

I actually never played the old ones until I got the new one that comes with both so my opinion probably matters little, but I do feel as though the new one is much more accessible and easier to learn than the old games.

:joy: funny gif!

Well, it is a bit difficult to explain in English, but:
I don’t find them responsive.
The characters have great potential, concept-wise but I find them poorly made (faces, proportions and in some occasion also movements) I think they have found their greatest fulfillment only in this version.
The new Jago is incomparably better than the old one (imho) and, to me, it’s the same for all the other characters…I’m talking only about concept, I’m aware of technological gap between the iterations.
I recognize that the older versions have introduced innovations and represent the promise of something technologically advanced for their time, but I prefer almost any other fighting game of the same time.
Just my opinion anyway.

1 Like

I know it your opinion. To be honestly, I prefer KI/GOLD than new KI because KI2 is more fun than KI1994 and new KI. : )

I think to enjoy the old ones you had to have been there for them when they were relevant, by today’s standards they kind of suck.

1 Like

What makes KI Gold more fun in your opinion?
:smiley:

1 Like

Because KI2’s gameplay is sooooooo fun! There many game mode like training, battle team and etc. You can do AIR ultra, it’s glitch!

Director- KevBones10

Writer- KevBones10

THE END

Its free to play right? Is it like DOA 5 (Dead or Alive) where they give u like set 4 char free and u can buy the game or char separate if u want . Or is it like league where there is rotations and different char are free every now and then.

How does the free to play aspect work in KI.

It’s free rotating character. You can do all game modes and ranked and everything, but only with the free rotating character. I think the dojo is also always available, so you learn about the game’s systems and mechanics no matter who the rotation is on.

With regards to you OP, new KI is pretty different from the past ones, which to be honest don’t hold up all that well now. New KI is a lot faster and way more mind-gamey, and smoother and more balanced overall. Even if you hated the originals is recommend giving it a shot - especially since you can try it out for free.

KI 2013 is the game that KI 1 and 2 should have been but weren’t. Those games were spectacular in the mid 90’s because of their graphics, sound and art design. The gameplay, though, was overly complicated with unresponsive controls, difficult execution and poor AI. This was tolerable in 1996, when people expected to stand in an arcade feeding in quarters and accidentally discovering techniques and rules in a fighting game, but it just doesn’t fly now. Both games also feature some severely broken and poorly implemented mechanics. I loved them both, spent stupid amounts of money in the arcade and bought both home versions, but I would not recommend judging the new game by playing the old ones at all. I have both on X1 and I only occasionally look at them for nostalgia.

The fundamental combo mechanic in KI 2013 is built on a similar idea, but is much, MUCH, more flexible than in either of the first two games. Once in a combo you can hit any button to continue the combo with an auto double or use L/M/H linkers. This takes you straight to the combo breaker mind game (and introduces counterbreakers). I’m not going to say this game is perfect for everyone, but it is definitely worth a try.

I absolutely adored the original as a kid. Never got around to playing KI2 until recently.

Having said that, I absolutely love KI 2013. Even though nostalgia heavily influences my love of the original KI, I do think 2013 beats it. It’s truly an incredible game, and (in my opinion) the greatest fighter on the market.

1 Like