How can we get Big Youtube stars to advertise this game?

I think it would be neat if they could get MatPat to do a Game Theory episode, like perhaps which characters would actually survive a knock-off from Aria’s tower.

2 Likes

This isnt 2008. videogame letsplay content is flooded and on the decline and i doubt ki has enough story to build a series around it. instead of doubling on advertising id rather have a proper mkx storymode. content should be what makes a game successful, not advertisement.

1 Like

I keep saying…put Ki on another genre. Reach out. I’m sure it could be good.

MK SM proved that years go.

1 Like

Plus Angry Centaur Gaming

I seem to remember TB mentioning how he wanted to review KI but some of his software that he used to measure FPS and other things wouldn’t work with games from the Windows 10 store. Seems like he likes the game ok and digs the music as he is a fan of Mick Gordon.

And as mentioned before he put it in his Top 10 best games in 2013.

We better throw more money at KI3 then.

Well, OBS does support UWP capture now on one of their clients. So, hopefully, he’ll try again when he’s able. I don’t know if he’s still going through chemo-therapy.

1 Like

maybe it IS time for a new KI. 4 years is usually how long a fighting game lasts

I’d say go on one more year but with small things. Like bug fixes, and cosmetic stuff.

Take a break, then come back to the drawing board with possible things to lay on the table.

2 Likes

Something tells me that if they didn’t pay attention to it at launch they would be less likely to pay attention to it now.

Floe was playing Kilgore when he came out and he got over 1k people asking questions about KI.
PR Balrog was also playing it last night on stream, lots of questions from SF players.

1 Like

An MKSM style KI game would be amazing. Imagine boss fights against spinal or fulgore, would be epic.

1 Like

Believe it or not, Boogie actually played KI for a bit as a strickly casual player, he favors Fulgore from what I remember.

I believe the clip may be around somewhere, I’ll look for it.

I did ask him for his thoughts and opinions but unfortunately, I asked him in a two part question and he forgot to cover KI with others donating as well.

If I see him on stream again, I’ll ask him.

Edit: Found two clips

1 Like

imho i think thats what shadow lords and its pet buff system is all about. its a safe way to test new game mechanics and balance them without looking like an MMO pay-to-beta launch.

Total Biscut was on these forums day one when the PC version released. He was asking for help because he was having some issues and even linked to a private video showing the problem. Unfortunately nobody helped him.

me too

I can agree. KI may of never EVER came back. And if it did, I have feleing the game would of bee n way more light hearted then it is already.

Why? Because Rare hit a major slump after MS bought them out (well, before actually *coughStarforAdventurescough) and made a bunch of crap, so MS pulled the plug and put them on Kinect duty for awhile?

Some people…

As much as I can understand a mult-genre approach, I’d be out as soon as they announced that it wouldn’t be accessible in some form. Shadow Lords made me super frustrated, not because i didn’t know it wouldn’t be playable, but because I got early access but all it did was confirm my theories.

As a gamer with no sight, I’m relatively happy that the game hasn’t branched out into a non-playable 3d adventure game or something similar, though if it did and it could pump more money into the main fighting game series, I probably wouldnt be against that, they’d justlose me as a customer for that game until it was playable without sight all the way through for example.