Help with Windows 10 version

I’m new, but I’ve been playing the game on PC, and the Windows 10 version has been working fine until recently. I get to the “Press Start” screen, but when I press start, it just sends me to a permanent black screen when it should give the “Syncing to Ultratech” message. The steam version which I also play on works perfectly, so I’m really confused as to what could be the issue here. Any help is appreciated.

Hello Meganecon,

Welcome to the forum! I also have the Windows Store version, and thus far it’s working fine for me.

If you haven’t already, I’d recommend trying the following:

• Go to Windows Settings>Apps
  • Scroll down to the Windows Store version of Killer Instinct and select “Advanced Options.”
  • Scroll down and Click “Reset.”
  • Reboot your system, and try the game again.

Let us know if this resolves your issue.

Thanks for the help! I got past the black screen on startup with that, but unfortunately, now it continuously loops on the “Syncing to Ultratech server” message. This issue gets solved when I am not connected to the internet, but when I go to training mode all of the characters are locked except the free to play one. I have the definitive edition, so they should be all unlocked.

Okay, so that’s some measure of progress. Definitely sounds like a server sync issue though.

Have you bought the “Definitive Edition,” or are you playing via Xbox Game Pass for PC?

Also tagging @KRAKENJIMMY , just in case there’s a more widespread server issue going on.

I actually managed to get it to work with all the DLC! It takes a bit of time to get past the syncing to ultratech message so that issue is solved, but now the game won’t save when I quit out of it. It’s a little frustrating, but I at least managed to get the DLC to work. Oh and if it helps, I have the Definitive Edition.

Sounds like you’re playing on win 10 to me?

This happens to me on my PC as well once in a great while and shutting down KI and re-launching usually fixes it.

1 Like

Yeah actually now everything seems good. Thanks a lot for the help you guys, I really appreciate it! Looking forward to playing ranked on windows again. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Glad you got it working, and perhaps I’ll see you in Ranked Leagues!

Enjoy the game!