Help fighting RAAM and a few other things. 70%?

Maybe something that allows Raam to get close to the enemy in a easier way during his instinct? I have no idea but definitely he needs something diferent.

Raam’s instinct is more designed to help him against strong zoners. But it’s still perhaps too powerful since most characters arent really zoners

1 Like

Well
that fight kinda sucks for hisako lol

The high combo damage is either RAAM’s reward for actually landing an opener and locking someone out, or the opponent’s punishment for actually letting RAAM open them up and locking them out–whichever frame suits you best :slight_smile:

RAAM’s combo damage is high, because everything else about his combos is garbage. Really easy to break, openers are really easy to interrupt.

That doesnt justify a one chance break combo that does around 70% of damage. By the way i believe he should have more than one linker and i dont know if his auto doubles have the same animations like gargos (i mean heavy kick and heavy punch looking in the same way for example) but if he has the same auto doubles that should be changed too in mi opinion.
Im fine with his “normal” damage (defeat a good gargos with Raam must be imposible) but i hate the damage of his instinct.

Yeah, Iron Galaxy has got a bit of a challenge ahead when it comes to readjusting RAAM’s insane damage. If a point of reference helps any, RAAM blocked the blade of an active chainsaw in GOW Ultimate Edition with his hand like it was nothing. Perhaps this badassery could be displayed towards zoners, having a way to brush off those fireballs like they were nothing more than hot air.

He has this. It’s called Kryll Shield.

Yeah, but I haven’t played enough RAAM to see how effectively this is used in higher levels of play. If you play RAAM (or anyone else on this thread, for that matter), how well do K. Rush and K. Shield work to approach zoners? Are they effective tools or are they easy to counter?

When it comes to other linkers, I have heard suggestions calling for a kryll rush linker (similar to the multi hitting K. rush in his ultra combo.)

You say this as if it’s a guarantee that the damage is a problem and will be adjusted. I absolutely despise fighting Raam, but I don’t think it’s anywhere near certain that is the case. His instinct is meant to be an unholy punish for allowing Raam to finally get in and lay hands on you. That’s the entire point, really.

Most grapplers in the game have instincts that help you get in (Thunder’s dash, Sako’s easier counters, even Kan’s super-jump shenanigans) - Raam’s instinct does none of that, but makes it so that once he gets in, he absolutely makes the most of the opportunity. It’s a very intentional design decision, and I don’t think we’ll see much beyond perhaps a touch of tweaking around the edges for it.

4 Likes

If you needed confirmation of what he said, just watch Raam’s Tender Moments. Keits said they know people are finding 70-80% combos with Instinct, and he said “enjoy”.

1 Like

The only problem I don’t like about Raam’s instinct is that it hurts my eyes. It isn’t that I can’t see it. It really hurts my eyes. I hope they lessen it slightly.

Level three combo into instinct followed by ambiguous combos because the kryll, stage lighting, costume color give RAAM players an edge. While we both see different on a situation, I was able to beat a 2-starred pro player because I chose to block setups rather than grabs. That isn’t to say I will just sit there and take being wringed like a chicken by him.

I agree completely, grabs are certainly lethal, but if I’m grabbed, I have more options than when I am being combo’d. In my situation, When this player placed me on a corner I blocked his jumping overhead and lows but took a few grabs for it. Sure he can stomp me, but when he flipped me out I neutral jumped using Jago’s light to flip him out and push him back. However, when he used his instinct combo he took around 67-72% damage because I locked out.

I don’t know. Every player is different, but I’d rather take a grab than his combos. Works in my favor most of the time.

What is RAAM’s tender moments?

Yeah, I mean I can’t speak for everyone and I’m sorry it came off that way. The instinct feels kinda messy in my personal opinion. I like everything else RAAM does, but the instinct dealing that high of damage is too much for me. From what I’ve seen, the community is split down the middle on reactions to RAAM’s instinct with some saying the damage is OP and others saying it makes up for his shortcomings. I don’t know how the dev team, assuming they’ve seen these posts, will react but I hope it is in the best interest of the community and for the better of the game itself.

1 Like

IG’s walkthrough of the character. Start at 42:30.

Thanks for that, but it still feels kinda wonky to me. One part that really stuck out to me was “You’ll have a hard time using this against anyone that’s good”. Is the 70+% THAT easy to avoid?

Eh
yes and no I think. The trick to Raam’s instinct is that it only kind of works if Raam has already gotten hold of you, and against good players that’s a bit harder to do. That said, Raam can punish the world if he has a bar of meter, so it’s not unreasonable that at some point you’ll get command grabbed, he’ll pop instinct, and then you’re in the blender and have to guess.

Some characters can bully their way out of the situation a bit better than others, and everyone can just down+back for their life and take the command grabs from that point. If you’re legitimately afraid of getting hit with a massive damage combo, then Raam will have a hard time opening you up into combo. The flipside is that he has plenty of other ways to hurt you as well.

Well, I’ll try to figure something out. I main Rash, so staying away from the big guy won’t be too difficult I suppose.

I wanted to thank everyone for the answers and opinions provided. This is my first time ever using a forum and I’m beyond happy that it’s a positive one.

2 Likes