Has anyone else bought XB1 solely for KI?

I bought an Xbone because the only game for the new gen consoles I wanted was KI. More games have come out since that I play on my Xbone as well though, and I just recently got a PS4 because there’s alot of games coming for it that I want as well.

I did not plan on getting a PS4 though, but because games like Guilty Gear Xrd and Street Fighter V aren’t coming out for Xbone, well, then I had to get a PS4 to play them.

I actually have a bit of a funny story involving seeing the first KI trailer for E3. I was at home alone with my youngest son who was still in diapers at the time & I was watching him & Microsoft’s E3 presentation at the same time. At some point during the presentation he had a dirty diaper & I had to go change him & clean up, & when I got back I realized I had just missed the KI announcement…& that was the ONLY part of the presentation I had missed.

1 Like

I have GGXrd sign. Good game however, GGXrd Revelator is coming out soon and it has a bigger roster.

I did buy an XB1 for ki3, but it ended being a big mistake.

Yup!
Bought my Xbox 1 solely for this game and have absolutely no regrets.
Can honestly say I’ve played it every week for 2 years and have absolutely no regrets…
Roll on S3!!!

I bought an Xbone day 1 so I could play KI. I’m starting to somewhat regret that decision because I’m pretty garbage at the game even after playing it all this time.

i buy it only for KI (when i saw the trailer of maya i couldn’t wait to have it :heart_eyes:) and im fully satisfed in all way with her. ) till now .
she was just amazing on that trailer a.and when i play her i feel like a real amazonian lol :smiling_imp:

When I saw a mummy teaser in Maya’s trailer, I was saving money for everything. When I saw Riptor tease in Kan-Ra’s trailer, I was sold!

1 Like

I wanted to get ki but when i got my xbox one it came with forza 5 a series i love aswell. Snd fifa i play ultimate team and make .money. Both franchises let me down got ki season 1 ultra for 20 when it was on sale with deals of the week. Instantly regreted not buying it sooner. Got a fight stick 2 weeks after buying season bought season 2 after a few days.

Diablo 3 is the only other game I’ve played more then ki

Primarily killer instinct and battlefield4

I wasn’t sure of bying a xbox one or ps4, until i knew KI was coming to xbox one the decission was made.
KI i played a lot in the 90’s.

1 Like

KI is the only reason I bought a next gen console. Was going to wait it out but when they announced KI I screamed like a little girl.

That game is beyond words for me, I love playing it but I don’t play it enough as I don’t know many people that play it.

I typically play late EST time, and have a hard time finding matches online.

I got many games on XBOne since but I rarely play any of them.

KI is it for me.

3 Likes

I bought the One for KI. No regrets.

1 Like

same feeling here broh. before it cames out i play it for years now in MAME emulation on my PC the KI1 and KI2 arcade version ( no childish snes or ultra 64 ) but arcade broh verry insane the quality .:sunglasses:

u can feel the difference with the classic KI1 & 2 on xbox VS the arcade versions on MAME its just another world on MAME PC.
so i think when the S3 gonna be on PC it would be very great.

1 Like

I’m SOOO pumped for S3, it’s not even funny.

I love what IG has done with KI, the change of developer definitely had an impact on the initial quality of S2, that’s why I feel S3 will truly make KI feel like a full fledged title when it comes it.

It will be what IG wants it to be and not finishing someone else’s work.

I highly doubt it will disappoint on that regard.

The one thing I really do wish they would revisit is Fulgore’s classic. It’s the one thing that stands out like a sore-eye. I don’t understand why they won’t, I don’t know if it’s out of respect for DH’s work but it’s their game now. There’s no way anyone can be happy with that design.

1 Like

KI is the sole reason I bought an Xbox One. Glad I did, ended up using for many other things, but if it weren’t for this game I’d never have bought one.

And this game continues to be my very favorite fighting game in history.

1 Like

:flushed: watchout when u speak about that BIG RETRO CAN BEER :worried: lol haahahahahahhaha they are eyes here :eyes:
:joy_cat::joy: i prefer from fare the new one cause the retro is just too ugly remade. oups i said it :confounded:

I wasn’t much of a PS4 fan and Nintendo in my eyes died back in the days of the game cube. I had gotten a PC but it was meant to be used for my storyline and producing my animation, so gaming on it was counter productive for me.

In short, I was always going to get an xbone, despite the fact that I still call it that, and when they announced KI back at E3 2012, I knew I was going to try my damnedest to get it as close to release as possible.

I have learned not to pre-order any game since the shambles that was Destiny, but I would pre-order S3 if the option and opportunity presented itself because of my loyalty to this game.

My one regret is that I am not a good enough player to do the game justice.

Are you high? Cross platform ownership is an INCENTIVE to get an Xbox One as console of choice for a pc gamer as your games library going forward will to some degree go with you. In fact your Xbone is now gonna be hun for potential PC and Xbox 360 purchases alike.

Anyway the topic… no, not SOLELY for KI but it was the biggest incentive to finally shelf my 360 and upgrade. Didnt think back then an old fave retro series would grow to the stage where it is today (literally on verge of a third season, i was worried it would be too niche as a platform exclusive, delighted to be proven wrong)

Yes, got it for KI alone, indeed.

I have bought a couple of other games in the meantime. Final Fantasy Type 0, but I hardly have played it and don’t really intend to. Doesn’t really suit me.

Further I got one of those dungeon crawler games for play with my non-gamer friends.

Even with KI coming to PC, I have no regrets. I got it in May of 2014, through import. I also have a PS4, which I got earlier because of MKX but it’s catching dust as we speak. Until SF5 comes out, at least. And then still, I don’t think SF5 will catch on with me from the first day. I’m gonna need some Juri. And I’m superhype for KI S3, so it’s still a worthy investment for me.