Happy New Year everyone! Bye 2018!

I hope you all get into the new year safe and sound! :heart:

6 Likes

7 minutes to midnight here. Hope to talk KI and more fighting games in 2019 with all of you on the forum. Happy New Year!

3 Likes

happy new years

1 Like

Happy New Years from Singapore - hope you all have a great entry into 2019 :tada::smile::tada:

3 Likes

Good ridence to 2018 I’d say, it had it’s good moments but it also had it’s bad ones too.

The Good
1.Super Smash Bros Ultimate
2.Saw good movies this year including Venom, Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom, Aquaman, to name a few.
3. Soul Calibur VI came out (You have one bad thing about you though)
4: Got Zbrush 2018 and I’m loving it. Thank you father for the gift.
6: I Graduated College.
7: Past all my classes with no “D”
8: Dragon Ball FighterZ was fun.
9: Jeff and I now have this house all to ourselves (as long as we keep paying the rent our parents needed. But it’s not all bad.)
10: Sister’s out of jail and I got to see her again.

The Bad
1: Loosing my Uncle Hank to Cancer
2: Aeon did not make the base Roster for Soul Calibur VI
3: I thought I was getting sick and as a result my perfect attendance was screwed up.
4: accidentally overdosed on Zinc Pills to fight a cold. worst experience I’ve ever had.
5: Other issues that I can’t member.
6: No job yet.

So yes there was 10 good things but the bad still outweighs them.

If I’m being honest though, College was a struggle, It’s the hardest thing I’ve ever done. It’s not easy and it can be frustrating to no end. The journey through college was painful. But it was worth it. Needless to say I’m glade that I was done with it.

Now that I got it out of the way here’s some stuff with 2019 and there’s a ton of things to look forward to (for me at least)

Things I’m Look Forward to.
1: Godzilla: King of the Monsters May 31st.
2: I aim to get hired.
3: Mortal Kombat 11 (assuming my favorite character makes it in)
4: Soul Calibur VI Armor pack (I hope lizardmen have access to it)
5: Dragon Ball Super Broly: Assuming it releases in any of my local theaters. But I’ll buy it on Blu-ray when it comes out anyway.

Things I’m not looking forward to.
1: paying back my loans once the six month grace period ends.

Congrats on finishing college :slightly_smiling_face:

Also: I noticed that Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse was conspicuously absent from your good movie list. I recommend you go see it - is legit one of the best movies of the year :+1:t5:

I really look forward to washing my hands from 2018, there were so many times where I wanted to quit gaming for good because of how disgusting the industry was last year. Hopefully this year doesn’t become a repeat of that.

I’m not really looking forward to much though, I’ve noticed. If I had to think of some things on hand:

1. The Witcher crossover and new expansion for Monster Hunter World: I hit a roadblock on MHW after hitting credits and I hope this will get me back in.

2. Negan in Tekken 7: I always strangely respected official fighting games becoming like MUGEN, and to me it also shows a willingness to try new things instead of rehashing old content for years on end. Though the negative responses from the Tekken community over all of the guest characters has continually poisoned by faith in video games for a few months now.

3. SC6 Season Pass: Even though I don’t enjoy SC6 like I thought I would, that doesn’t mean it should die like so many other games. I really hope the remaining DLC keeps the game alive enough to at least justify a Season 2.

On a side note, I counted down the last few seconds of 2018 by mimicking the plasma rifle overheat animation from Halo 1 (where Master Chief counts down the delay by hand). Considering how my family was too busy watching documentaries about people who hoard a million things in their house (prior to the countdown of course), referencing Halo 1 was the most fun I had at year’s end.

Happy New year everyone!

1 Like