Hades (Early Access)

Super Giant Games Has done it again… :smiley:

Its like they have a knack for just making Simple Games with a lot of depth to them…

2 Likes

And this all-new game is VERY clearly based on classical Greek mythology too :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ve been playing this a bunch lately. I’ve liked Supergiant’s previous games, but Hades genuinely feels like it’s going to be their best one quite easily.

1 Like

I mean… to be fair I’ve said that about Transistor and then Pyre…
This may be impossible to believe but I honestly think they will always be able to 1-Up their Previous Games every single time…

That being said… with Hades you can see really its just a nice mish mash of all their Previous games… its not Original (Other than the Procedurally Generated Stuff Ofcourse) but its all very much improved. Its like they are “Perfecting Bastion”.

Aside from Bastion I’ve always felt like there was always one or two things holding back their games. Transistor’s story was too breezy and obscure for its own good, and Pyre’s campaign becomes pretty rote and repetitive despite a good story with fleshed-out characters. Worst thing I can say about Bastion was that it’s relatively basic, but what it did what it did well.

So far Hades has all of those strengths and pretty much none of the flaws. It already boasts depth and highly replayable systems, the story is intriguing and gradually builds up the characters and background details from run to run, and the action feels good. The few criticisms I have regarding variety and variation are likely going to be addressed as the game gets closer to launch, so I’m excited to see what the game is going to look like at 1.0 when the ending act is added.

1 Like