DISCLAIMER: This Thread isnt about all things Guilty Gear Strive (GGS)… I just wanted to go over few things that are new and different. If anyone wants to make an Official Thread then that would be great
Soooooo… Guilty Gear Strive:
Apparently ArcSys decided to buckle and down and change ALOT of everything people have grown accustomed to… which is alright with me because I never got accustomed to the previous game .
But I hear not everybody is on board with all the changes… and If I could sum it up in just one Sentence its: GGS has removed a certain amount of Complexity from the previous game. Classic !!! Its an issue that comes up as Fighting Games get more popular and Honestly thats all I want to say about it… I’ve been in enough Debates… I’m tired… so… Moving On.
Whats new ? Well here are the Highlights:
- Simplified and Cleaned Up The In Game Interface.
- Exaggerated Visual Effects on some Counter Hits (Basically Like SFV Crush Counters or MK11 Crushing Blows).
- Limited Combo Duration, Damage and Conversions Off Light Attacks and Mix Ups (Lows and Overheads).
- Added a Dedicated Throw Input and Included Whiffed Throw Animation (No Longer Starts Up Frame 1).
- Instant Block now Gives Tension Rather that Reduced Block Stun.
- General Execution Changes (Not Character Specific).
- There Appears to be a new Passive Status Buff and Debuff Mechanic.
- Theres Real Time Stage Transitions Now.
- No DANGER TIME !!! (If you listen very carefully, you can hear the faint weeping of the 2 only GG Players who liked Danger Time )
- The Overall Visual Aesthetic Is Slightly Different.
Heres a video all the Main Changes as Recent as 3 Months Ago…
So… Any thoughts ? any one ? I’l go first…