Guest Characters Discussion *ULTRA THREAD*

Why not just Hellboy, seems more appropriate to get the main character.

NP with that either . Boba Fett from star wars would be cool too

Maynard.
Yes, I am fully aware of how preposterous this suggestion is.

1 Like

But what about my boy Jack

1 Like

I will post my list of potential awesome characters that might be awesome for KI. I will only factor in Gameplay potential/Design awesomeness/WOW factor. I will not factor in liscensing and stuffl therefore,I know most of the characters will not make it.
1.Dust
Series:Dust an Elysian Tail

His gameplay with Fidget has some awesome shadow move possibilities. Imagine Shadow Storm woth Fidget’s projectiles. A potential redesign with his design from the game as a retro would be sick.

2.Don’t know yet:(. I don’t know anymore characters that I am familiar with and would fit.

2 Likes

Oh man I freaking loved that game. He can definitely bring some flash in his combos due by how beautiful his game looked.

Edit: Where’s my sequel Dean? :angry:

He did say a while ago he was gonna make a sequal but won’t be his next game. I WANT A SEQUEL ALREADY!!!

you can say what you want but if a guest character gives this type of reaction then you’ve nailed it imo.
:clap: nintendo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CK5gdf5cMPM

1 Like

Blasphemer! KI is a dead serious fighting game with a super important, serious and cohesive storyline. You can’t add guest characters without disrupting the delicate balance already achieved between the somber and super serious characters in KI, like the werewolf, skeleton, death robot, hot robot, not mummy, stone monster, fire monster, ice monster etc. Did I mention KI is a SERIOUS game? Adding a guy with a big sword would totally not fit in this game! [pushes Tusk action figure under table] Next thing you know, people will want to add a two headed Cyclops!

Besides if people wanted to play fighting games for fun you would see Smash Bros. sales beating all those serious fighting games. [looks at sales numbers: Smash Bros on WiiU 3.7 million vs. MK X on Xbox 1 and PS4 2.6 million]… huh.

:wink:

4 Likes

I was actually very critical of Rash being in the game, but I am warming up to him lately. More than a month after the beta ended. :smile:

I love Max, and I love Smash, but this doesn’t make a great comparison to guests being in a game like KI, considering the ENTIRE POINT of Smash is to be entirely full of guests and cross-universe characters.

2 Likes

Well one of the reasons people wanted guest in KI is because KI is a mash up of themes and tropes, A hodgepodge if you will.

Cyborg Dinosaur vs Mummy on a glacier = KI

1 Like

Also stereotypes and archetypes as well as references to pop culture

And now Bayonetta…I dare you to watch this reaction :wink: :

1 Like

LOL. It’s a pretty good reaction vid.

1 Like

My wishlist for Guest fighters in season 4 (they can add whatever new KI fighters along with fighters from the old comics)

*Evil version of Conker, Banjo and Kazooie and any other popular furry/animal type characters Rareware has.
*Crackdown Agent (Male and female)
*Kameo with all of her elemental powers but with her adult look.
*Any Rareware characters that are good at fighting
*Make a poll to see which top 6 Xbox exclusive characters should be added in the game along with some double dipping from Gears of War/Halo)

Welp. That’s all I got. I already have a feeling that if new characters are coming after Eyedol, Its Eagle/Joanna Dark. Just a guess.

LMFAO! Good show. Jolly good show.

I want Kameo. Perhaps a character from the Fighter’s Within XD

Well, it kind of does. You see, guest fighters are only in fighting games due to fan service but serve no part in the story. That is when Tekken 7 with the guest fighter of Akuma fighting in the Tekken storyline was born. Wow. Took them (game companies) long enough.