Guardian Feedback

My favorite guardians are Snake and Vampire Bat. Since one of my mains is Fulgore, I use vampirism to aid my ability of gaining precious resources, especially pips for his reactor meter. Snake helps me with opponents that has armor ability. Poison bit allows me to attack the opponent with fewer hits and taking lesser chances of getting countered.

The least favorite (but still awesome) is Exemplar. This guardian helps me gain resources, but this one takes a lot of skill to use. I like the fact that I can parry and go into a combo of my own.

The least favorite guardians I don’t like to fight are Ram and Fractured Ward. It seems like psychic breakers and regenerating armor is endless lol. I am really wore out and the end of the match battling them.

Most the guardians are useful and fun to play. I am still working on Watcher and Tiger because I need to become familiar with there mechanics and creating strategies.

Fractured Ward is both my most favorite and most used. Ward has been a life saver for my Shadow Lords playthroughs, basically carrying my team through both Normal and Challenging difficulties so far. Ward is so good that using it almost feels like cheating though.

Least favorite is Exemplar. I think I managed to successfully parry once with it so far, and that was with mashing the D-pad.

Least used is Tiger, as I haven’t pulled anything higher than a rare, and rare guardians don’t have enough buffs for me to use in Challenging or higher.

1 Like

I’ve only ever used the two that came free with my first SL playthrough, then I noticed they disappear after a few uses and I’ve never gotten the chance to use them again since. Doubt I’ll bother getting any in the future either since limited use items aren’t a fun gameplay mechanic.

Do you mean they’re missing when you go to “Guardians” (the main menu item on SL)? Or just disappearing when you select a mission? Because they’re not supposed to disappear. The only way I could imagine them “disappearing” is if you didn’t feed them astral energy and they’re no longer selectable in the mission selection. If that’s the case you just have to go feed them Astral Energy and they’ll be selectable again.

I had 2 and after using them 2-3 times each they disappeared as though they were a limited charge consumable. They don’t appear in the list so I can’t feed them. Is that not how they’re supposed to work?

As for the question of optimal guardian, it would be something to easily deal with Gargos’ minions somehow.

I do enjoy the Shadow Lords mode on all difficulties and even the final battle with Gargos, until he summons his minions, then
 :weary:

So it would be that.

When you go to “Guardians” in the SL Main Menu (i.e. the option to the left of “Barracks”), what do you see? They should still be there. My suspicion is that you didn’t feed them and they’re not showing up in the Mission Select screen (which is what’s supposed to happen). However, they should NOT disappear from the your Guardians collection. Once you feed them in the Guardians screen, they will show up during mission selection again.

But you definitely should not lose them after a few uses. That would be like the worst return on investment ever haha.

I think I might have the same problem. I seem to be missing a bunch of fracture wards. But it’s also possible that I transmuted my lower echelon guardians into astral energy to feed my perfect and killer guardians. At this point I can’t even remember.