Go Joanna dark!

She should be the last guest character no more after her but yes she would fit soooo well!!!

No. Because she would be a guest character, and there are people who don’t want more guest characters, myself included. So when suggesting she should be in KI, then we have as much a right to discuss our opinion just as much as you have about yours.

1 Like

Joanna would be awesome :blush:

I got the characters I wanted, but I know folks really want Joanna so I’m rooting for her. (and voted too)

1 Like

It was a rhetorical question.
Anyone that’s been here for a while know that if you mention the word “guest” will get some people “crying”.

1 Like

No thanks. I don’t want anymore guests. Plus bullet using characters are hard to balance. Especially with fast projectiles. Last thing I’d like to see in KI is another Stryker who just sits there and spams bullets all day.

In MKX, some bullets like Jacqui full auto whiff on crouchers. They can also be negative on block, have a coolsown with reload animation, etc. It isn’t that hard to balance.

Umm, arbiter?

If we can get a talking turd we can getJOANNA DARK

GO JOANNA!!!

1 Like

Yeah but I don’t wanna spend my time ducking now do I? The thing is whule you make reasonable points most gun user characters have had unlimited ammo.

Plus I’d rather get a new native KI character to expand the universe then slapping another guest in the fray and taking up slots for something the devs could create from their own minds. Either that or breath new life into a classic KI character either way. We have three guests already. I think that’s already enough.

Arby’s only thing as close to a balanced gun user we can get. The only difference is he doesn’t strictly rely on guns. He has grenades? how do we know for sure Joanna isn’t just gonna shoot pistols? Even then most of my experiences against Arby are all but good still. But at least IG did something with that.

But I still go by that just because she is a guest is enough to not let me want her involved in the game.

Bullets, like other forms of zoning are supposed to be effective at long range and weaker at close range. In Jacqui’s case, you just advance forward between recovery of the bullets. Then once at jump-in range, any smart Jacqui player will change it up or risk eating a full combo punish. Some may find them annoying to deal with but that doesn’t make it any less balanced.

You’d be surprised how it’s been done before. Mostly by anime fighters I might add.

The best example I can come up with on the fly is Noel Vermillion from Blazblue. The way they balance it out is by making her gun attack hitboxes the blast effect from the shot rather than the bullet itself. Her only full screen shots come from her supers.

As an SC fan I know the series has had several guests in their region. But for the most part they only had one.

Still, their could be more unique characters. Though I’m not saying people shouldn’t give up on Joanna Dark.

Also as someone who mains Arby, I would like to point out that spamming the carbine rifle is a very bad idea. I actually caught an arby trying to spam that on me in a mirror match. It cost him greatly.

If they can do this with gun characters or something similar. I think it can work.

IG can also make her an in your face rush down krav maga expert.
Or a judo (grappler) character. Doesn’t have to be a gun character.

3 Likes

If I can remember, Joanna Dark’s games revolved around her shooting up anyone who get sin her way. Does she do anything other than shooting?

1 Like

I like to think that if the game was made today with motion capture and better hardware, it might have some cutscenes with her fighting. She should know some martial arts, after all , she’s a spy.

1 Like

Joanna Dark as special DLC or Season 4 !!! I want =D

If there’d have been a poll of Raam Joanna Dark Rash and Arbiter I’d have definitely picked Joanna Dark.

She has a knowledge and following, even for gamers like myself who’ve never even played Perfect Dark.

It can’t be all hulking hunchbacked nasty growling snotty creatures, there’s primal rage for that

You want to expand KI and have a REAL guest to bring in the masses?
Bring in Arya Stark from Game of Thrones. Face swapping morphing rapier ultra WTF

1 Like

Please post this meme in the KI Memes thread. :slight_smile: