Glacius as a rush down character

Yeah FreekJason is a very good player. More patient, Kanra and less aggresive . I always try to learn from him his style.

1 Like

Cinder can only punish H Cold Shoulder with S DP, otherwise he gets away.

That’s fine (EDIT I’m not sure I actually believe this but I’m too lazy to check). But if you are Cinder and you are on the ground blocking a cold shoulder you are Cindering wring anyway.

Let’s head on over to the Cinder thread and I can tell you about all the great tools that Cinder has.

You guys speak too highly of me man but it is always appreciated that my style of Kan play is respectable @STORM179 @BiyemAssi237

1 Like

You can leave the disrespect out of it. I was asking a serious question and it’s not all the time I hate fighting other Glacius’. I just hate fighting a really good technical expert crazy type of player Glacius, which I can still beat. Doesn’t mean I suck ice balls. :man_facepalming: I didn’t say I fear him. I just hate fighting him sometimes. :pizza: :poop:. You don’t need to rage in here. Keep that on the game. Love you.

If it honestly is only the “good and technical” glacius players that frustrate you, it sounds like more of a problem of the player giving you trouble rather than the character. Any good player can take a character and make it as frustrating as it can be to fight against.

2 Likes

Oh trust me @BigBadAndy, I know the MU pretty well, I’m not saying I have issues with it, it is bad but I have plenty of experience. I’m just stating the facts regarding the Cold Shoulder. And being in air vs Glay is sometimes a terrible idea, I’m pretty confident in my MU knowledge here. It’s fair to say I’m not great, but saying I’m Cindering the wrong way is kind of mean, that really hurt, I have my own playstyle and there are some people here and there who can say I know a thing or two. It is never the rushy Glay that’s a problem, those can be beaten with a bit of patience, I’m mostly referring to, as FallibleJoker14 stated, “good and technical” players. Then the MU is painful, as Glays moveset is, on paper, terrible for Cinder.

I’m not trying to hurt your feelings. I’m sorry if that’s the case. I’m just trying to point out that this type of thread (“I’m salty about this character - he gets everything and my character has nothing!”) is invariably a lopsided look at a characters tools. Pointing out that Cinder can only punish heavy cold shoulder with shadow flash kick implies that this is somehow a problem. Cinder has a ton of dirt, as do most KI characters. It’s a game with strong offense. Complaining that good players can beat you with a character is like complaining that water is wet.

The evidence simply isn’t there that Glacius is overpowered or a problem for the game. You don’t see good players simply spamming cold shoulder 50 times a match. Lots of other characters have options that are actually safe on block. It’s just not that unusual.

In the context of the character and his history - Glacius is the character that has generated the most salt of any character in the game. This has been true since season 1. And yet, the ranked leaderboards don’t have 30 Glacius players getting pro-stars each months and no Glacius player has ever won a major tournament. Nevertheless people persist in posting things like “this character has no weaknesses.” So forgive me if I find this aggravating.

Just as a bit of housekeeping, light through heavy cold shoulder is -3, -5, -8 on block respectively.

If Cinder can’t punish -8 because of the pushback, then that’s unfortunate, but it isn’t really dispositive or without precedent. Sometimes specific characters have issues punishing certain things and it just is what it is. Hisako is often unable to punish fired up fireflash, for instance, on account of her stubby light buttons. Sometimes life is hard. :man_shrugging:t5:

2 Likes

@STORM179 She actually can, Hisako can dash under Cinder before pillar shows up.
Edit: prolly like half the distance of Cinders DP range, but from what I recall she can barely touch him on his face before pillar shows up. So it is still sth. Sorry for making this thread go offtopic, back then I just saw a mention on punishing Cold Shoulder on block, hence my comment.

Honestly, who says you always have to punish Cold Shoulder. Generally if I block a cold shoulder, inevitably the Glay player is going to immediately perform another attack, like Shadow Cold Shoulder, or Puddle Punch both of which are punishable. Not every move has to be easy to punish. Not every character has to be a Sadira. :joy:

1 Like