General Raam Kryll Rush Change I would like to see

I can’t wrap my head around why people insist on misusing a move that has been an established part of the traditional grappler kit for… well, it seems like forever. RAAM gets extra protections on his so he can use it a little more intuitively than many of his predecessors, and people still want to treat it like a command dash.

It doesn’t need to autocorrect.
It doesn’t need to have protections from teleports.
It needs to be used appropriately.

AND, let’s not forget that the EX version needs to BE USEFUL AT ALL PLEASE!!! I’m not trying to be rude, but many of the issues presented here are not issues at all. @DEClimax really cut to the point, though. EX is virtually useless, and that shouldn’t be so.

2 Likes

@CStyles45 is who you want to tag for balance ideas. Though if a thread has a good discussion going on I think a lot of them will end up reading it without needing to be directed to it

I only use the move if I feel I have a read on someone. I.e. if jago is going to throw a fireball. Thing is if Raam gets a hold of them he shouldn’t be able to get knocked out of the move mid animation.

2 Likes

I wholly agree. What you described, I think we would agree is an example of “correct usage” of the Rush.

I can’t believe I forgot about that in all my ranting above. It is ridiculous that RAAM can be hit out his grab animation - he should be “invincible” as during the canned animation of command grabs. It’s bad enough that it loses to throws and loses the K.Armor once the grab goes active, but against desync’d-projectile characters, it’s got an extra layer of unreliability. Those things should be considered if the devs are looking to improve meterless KR.

I stand by the notion that there is nothing wrong with how it interacts with teleports (specifically tele-behinds) though. That’s just #grapplerlife.

1 Like

I play RAAM very casually, so I know I’m horrible with him. But damn I don’t understand why the shadow kryll rush is not fully projectile invincible (even against shadow projectiles) and doesn’t eliminate the vulnerability as the throw starts. The move is an extremely situational use of meter that I feel doesn’t even work in the situations it makes sense to use.

1 Like