Gargos, Godlike, full buff, no consumables, no guardians and a perfect.. it happened!

And you have terrible ideas about gameplay and balance. We all have our flaws :thumbsup:

1 Like

Way to go, I got lucky with him on Godlike, Iā€™m not very good just yet, but during his Instinct, crouching HK helps a lot (as long as he doesnā€™t have his eyes to get your attack parried). But you actually managed to beat him with only ONE character, I had to do it with two.

Good thing SL isnā€™t a balanced mode. Whew, lucky for that.

There is an important line between unbalanced/hard and fun. The mode is supposed to be fun first and foremost, so breaking rules/adding difficulty just for the sake of it should be done with extreme caution.

I wasnā€™t taking fun into the equation here. Also thatā€™s subjective. And games have been doing this thing for years. This isnā€™t new.

Yeah, and a lot of games that increase difficulty superficially or in poorly thought out ways are not fun.

Anyway, weā€™re getting into "what if"s here, instead of just talking about the mode as it exists. Iā€™m still skeptical if they choose to remove some of the exploits, although I understand that if there is a super basic exploit it kind of takes the steam out of the mode. Itā€™s why specially-tweaked shadows AI is the way to go, and since the AI and I canā€™t actually play the same game together, I will just be looking for whatever exploits I can in the short term. If it wants to try and invalidate all the skills Iā€™ve learned playing fighting games for years by playing a different game, then Iā€™m left with no choice but to try and invalidate its advantage in this kind of way.

1 Like

Alright, Iā€™ll let it go.

Other then that. I got nothing.

Well i tried this just to seeā€¦ ā€¦ It it seems like my gargos knows how to jump lol

I beat godlike Gargos with only 2 buffs removed and barely won with 3 characters almost all dead. Had to use the Omen 3 bar move (forgot the name) and got some use out of this Hisako trick, but my main Fulgore got it badly :disappointed_relieved:

So a fair fight vs Gargos without these tricks is pretty hard with those pests out to help himā€¦