Game crashes on startup on windows 7 after anniversary update can't play the game

Faulting application name: KillerInstinctX64_r.exe, version: 1.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x65756a8b
Faulting module name: KillerInstinctX64_r.exe, version: 1.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x65756a8b
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00000000014585b0
Faulting process id: 0x98c
Faulting application start time: 0x01da4090c35ec031
Faulting application path: G:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Killer Instinct\KillerInstinctX64_r.exe
Faulting module path: G:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Killer Instinct\KillerInstinctX64_r.exe
Report Id: 0168940c-ac84-11ee-bec0-ac220b50df23

Been like this since patch came out

According to the official System Requirements, you need Windows 10 or above.

Windows 7 and Windows 8 are operating systems past their life cycle, and looks like support for them was removed.

Update: Curious, it still shows Windows 7 as the minimum OS on Steam. On Microsoft Store, it’s Windows 10.

I’d post in the official troubleshooting thread.

When the game was released it required windows 7 and up as shown in the requirements if they want to bait and switch they better refund.

I don’t see any official troubleshooting thread under the steam section here in the forums

When the game was released Windows 7 was still an active and supported operating system. As titles get updated, support for older operating systems can be phased out. The onus is on the user not to use an operating system that’s past end-of-life (support for Windows 7 ceased on Jan. 14th, 2020, so 4 years ago!). This is not a bait and switch.

Having said all that, I’m not sure if that’s actually the issue here, simply speculating.

Here you go: Troubleshooting for Killer Instinct Anniversary Edition - #147 by KRAKENJIMMY

Post in that thread.

Saying the product you buy does run on windows 7 and then it doesn’t is bait and switch.

It is not if the product is updated and support for an obsolete operating system whose support ended 4 years ago is pulled.

It is because they changed the advertising terms.
Windows 7 is not obsolete you are wrong.
It is not support that ended they intentionaly stopped it from functioning.

Looks like they are still supporting Windows 7 (and 8) for the game and your issue is being looked at, so that’s good news.

According to Microsoft, you’re incorrect. “Support for Windows 7 ended on January 14, 2020”

Taken from Microsoft’s official Windows 7 System Requirements page here: Windows 7 system requirements - Microsoft Support

Support ending doesn’t make an os obsolete

You can certainly keep using the OS if you want (heck, I can still load up and use Windows XP, or Windows 3.11 with DOS), but they’ve absolutely been replaced by more current operating systems.

Windows 10 and Windows 11 are the current operating systems out there (and Windows 10 support ends in Oct. 2025 as I recall). If you’re using an older, unsupported operating system, you’ll encounter more and more issues over time.

why completely remove exclusive screen also windows 7 still doesn’t work

bump

bump

bump