Game crashes after trying to connect to multiplayer

Tags: #<Tag:0x00007fca21cb1180>

Hello, I am new to this community, I played Killer Instinct for the SNES back in the day and had a lot of fun, so I tried to get into the 2013 version. I don’t have access to an Xbox One, but I bought the game a few days ago, for Steam where I keep most of them. I’ve played the single player modes without issue, but when I try connecting to multiplayer the game crashes and closes, it doesn’t show any information about an error or something, it just closes whenever I try to create a lobby or invite a player. I’ve seen some people have this issue around the discussions in Steam with no clear answer, and Steam Support sent me here. I really want to play the game with some friends, I don’t have this multiplayer problem with any other game. I’ve verified the integrety of the game files, passing the performance test many times, searching for a solution in many different sites, reinstalling the game, updating the drivers, even changing the fullscreen file for some reason, but nothing solves the problem. Does anyone know what to do?

Welcome to the game and community.

Out of curiosity, have you tried a match made Exhibition or Ranked game, simply to see if they work?

Thank you, and yes, I’ve tried searching and inviting players in Exhibition, and also in a Ranked game. I’ve tried Shadow Lords MP too, but the same happens in any multiplayer mode (except for local play), the game stops and then closes itself.

Okay. Thus far, it looks like your troubleshooting steps are spot on.

The only other thing I could suggest at this point would be to reach out to Xbox Support. If this is indeed a server issue, or a service issue, they’d be the ones to handle the game’s servers now.

One other question for you: Go to Start Menu>Settings>Gaming>Xbox Networking, the section for Xbox Live multiplayer, what are you getting here. If it fails, run the test once or twice more. Do you pass, or no?

Hello, sorry for the late reply. I tried the test and it said something about a Teredo adapter not working, I tried many recommendations from the Xbox Support Windows section that talked about this, but they didn’t work. I even messed up my computer, nothing serious though, but I need to wait some days before I can use it again. Anyway, thanks for your help, I think once I have my PC back I will contact Xbox Support directly and hopefully solve the issue, it won’t stop me from enjoying most of the game either way.

1 Like