Future sequel ideas for KI?

Well for KI it would probably be more like “Ultimate Definitive Combo Breaker Collection Edition”

Lol. I liked SF IV.

One of the more distinguishing features of KI is that the game changes drastically between iterations. KI 1 and 2 in the arcade were VERY different, and KI 2013 is really different from both. I don’t want to see a sequel that is up jumped graphics but 90% the same game (Tekken). I don’t think MS wants that either. I think this is the KI we are going to have for the foreseeable future.

I think the story should just follow the characters we have now and the extended cast receive their own independent plots.

I think the whole question of does X" fit or Y fit, is counter productive characters should come first. It is what’s most appealing about KI (including their gameplay of course)

Killer Instinct 2: Electric Boogaloo

Where do we go from here? Humanity is united against a dimensional invasion from two different semi-all powerful beings. I guess Aria could turn her back on the newly formed alliance when Gargos is defeated, but why would she? Kan-ra could keep pulling stuff out of portals, and as funny as it is, I think that might become cliche after the fourth or fifth time he does it. It could be hard to top the current situation.

To be completely honest, I don’t think making a sequel would be a good idea until the next console (or next huge xbox hardware update) has come into full swing.

Starting over with a new game means that some characters won’t be back in the initial roster, and some might not come back at all.

It would be hard for them to squeeze all 26 characters into the initial roster of a sequel AND come up with enough new characters to keep it fresh.

Who do we hold off till later? Who do we scrap entirely? Its a tricky and dangerous game of who would bring the least disappointment if they didn’t show up.

If we are going to get a sequel, IG is going to need at least a couple of years to make it is great as can be.

That’s kinda the point. Cut out some characters and pave way for new ones if need be. Hence why the lore is there. Well part of the reason anyway.

But how do we decide who gets cut? If we are looking at the lore, then some of the most popular characters like Wulf, Spinal, and even Fulgore are so inconsequential to the plot that the story wouldn’t even be changed if they had not been introduced. Do we just kill off the bad guys? They have some of the most interesting movesets. I wonder how they would decide who gets axed?

Certain characters like fulgore can just keep getting rebuilt. human characters don’t get that luxury. Or spinal, he can just keep coming back also.

Some characters like Hisako & Spinal should rest in peace.

For future sequels, if Kan-Ra remains around. Maybe hide in the shadows, like Deadly Alliance, if Ultratech or another corporation had a mad scientist, he/she would team up with Kan-Ra.

Yeah, but you wouldnt like ARIA to be cut, and that could happen aswell, are you willing to sacrifice her and still play the next game?

Lots of people might drop the game (or at least playing it less) if their favorite character isnt in it. Just because shes an A.I doesnt mean she cant be taken out, or they could also decide to follow a story without the Ultratech link, or it just being in the background, making ARIA unplayable.

1 Like

Yeah, but I wouldnt like the game as much as I do now without Hisako, also, she was made integral to the story by making her a gatekeeper to the astral plane. Its a function in which she could stay important.

Well that is a possibility. I would be very sad if she didn’t make the cut. If ARIA is in the next game by any means, then I’m in.

My loyalty is to ARIA. Such a boss. But that’s kinda how it works in fighters. Don’t have your fav character? Probably won’t play it then. Been like that for decades.

It’s the same way with SF, if all of a sudden Juri was gone then I probably wouldn’t play SF anymore.

Thats why a lot of people, who feel that way about one or 2 characters, would rather have a season 4, me included.

You were right in an earlier post though, they shouldnt keep expanding till it runs itself in the ground. I think a potential season 4 should be do-able though, especially since the current game still has unfinished storyline potential, fallout shadowlords (what will happen to the alliance) and what of the vampire coven? Eagle? I hope some of this comes together in a season 4 and an eventual new game can start fresh.

I guess Hisako stays.

What new companies can you all think of if they can be rivals to Ultratech.

Damn right she stays!! Lol
She’s my fall back character, wouldnt know what to do without her :sweat_smile:

Datadyne!

I’d love to see Microsoft use Ki fighting engine and expand into a completely new game just like namco did with tekken and soulcalibur.

This repeated lore of never beating ULTRATECH is getting old, however, the game mechanics can shine forever.

UT was beaten in the old games, along with the SL’s. This is the first game where UT is the start of the show.

Dude, I LOVE SFIV (SF in general is great). Paricularly Ultra which was my first FG

Yes, I am a pretty young FGC member.

And I agree, I hope with KI2(2?) they add new mechanics and make it a unique experience that we can revisit and love as it’s own individual thing.

I made a thread talking about a handful of character ideas from the Community Surveys :smiley: