Frankenstein's Monster

Frankenstein’s Monster would be an epic character for KI. And I mean the Boris Karloff Monster…

1 Like

The ACTUAL Boris Karloff iteration? Why?

You’re right, it would be cool, I just think it’s also a bit over-the-top (even for KI). I think something a bit more original, but with a similar idea would probably work for the best. For example, a man who was subjected to failed experiments by Ultratech and that died in the process, but that was eventually saved and revived by Kan Ra, only to end up becoming subservient to him as the price to pay. Now he searches for a means of revenge against the company that wronged him while also trying to escape his new, powerful master - perhaps with an all new and more powerful otherworldy ally - and I don’t mean Glacius either… :wink:

That, I think, would make him a tragic character, like the original monster, which would cause us to sympathize with him, but also never allowing us to forget that his intentions are altogether evil.

2 Likes

I just prefer Karloff’s Monster over all others. But using the Mary Shelly version would fit so perfect to KI, UT searching for the legend to try and harness the secret of immortality, regeneration and inhuman strength. Not a generic but the real Frankenstein Monster. Use that story and fit it in to the KI Universe.

2 Likes

We got a werewolf, mummy, witch and demon. Now all we need is a vampire and Frankenstein’s monster.

1 Like

THIS! It would awesome!

1 Like

As long as he’s not the Aaron Echkart rendition that was so god-awful… :stuck_out_tongue:

I like the concept for UltraTech that you mentioned though. Once they realize that he’s still alive, when by all-rights, he shouldn’t be, that’s a strong motivation for ARIA to figure out why, and search for him (especially if they also find out he’s allied himself with Kan-Ra or other forces working against them) since it makes him seem rather “adaptable” in a sense. Immortality, after all, is definitely a rather effective means of survival. Little do they know however that, little by little, from the shadows, he’s doing anything he can to subvert them in any, and every way, possible.

This also makes him a largely neutral character, as he doesn’t really care about anyone but himself, again, like the actual monster from the stories.

Maybe you could even tie the old story and legends to the real thing. For example, it wasn’t actually Dr. Frankenstein, but rather the former founder of UT (or older relative of said founder, like his grandfather, or something) that created him. Frankenstein just came from the adapted story that Mary Shelley wrote, after hearing whispers regarding the creature here and there. Perhaps, he’s been stuck helping Kan-Ra ever since until the evil sorcerer was captured by the Night Guard - another group the monster hopes to avoid, for obvious reasons. In the interim, that’s when he found renewed independence for himself and strived to do things for himself (i.e., stop UltraTech for good) - until he learned that Kan-Ra escaped and was subjugated to the evil man’s influence yet again, but this time, with renewed vigor to escape the Babylonian’s grasp.

His tortured mind can help him relate to other characters as well. He can sympathize with Fulgore, being trapped in a body not of his own design or choice that is subjugated by forces beyond his control. He can consider Riptor as kind of a “pet” that was created just like him (and it would be quite funny if Riptor was like man’s best friend to the thing too). He can be zealously jealous of Cinder, an experiment gone right. He can envy Aganos, for not only his physical prowess, but also for having his own personal freedom and drive to do what he wants, unlike himself. He can fear Maya, for what she may do to him, because he’s a monster not of natural make (in her eyes). He could ally himself with Orchid and TJ, if only it wasn’t for the fact that they outright rejected, shunned, and feared him for the monster that they think he is (and he is, but not because of his appearance, but because of what he does) - he hates them for that.

There’s a lot here. :wink:

2 Likes

That would be Perfect! :joy:

I added more to my post above; give it another read. :wink:

You should definitely write this for KI, they need to hire you… :relaxed:

2 Likes

I can also picture his fighting style being very rigid in its movements, kind of like a zombie (which would be another nice touch or cliche’ he could cover simultaneously), moving or shambling in ways that shouldn’t be physically possible (such as dislocating his shoulder backwards to attack behind him) or like Jason from Mortal Kombat X. Instead of a machete, however, he’d use a combination of his fists, feet, sheer rushdown attacks and tackles with his great strength and endurance, and a blunt weapon or object like a club or pipe. Maybe he could even be given a premium appearance and accessories that resemble the yellow super-mutants from the Fallout series (complete with a stop sign club accessory for his weapon).

Hell, we could go all out, and go ahead and give him the machete! Think about it, while he’s roaming aimlessly while Kan-Ra’s imprisoned, he could’ve become the monster behind all of the slasher stories and movies we see and hear about today from the 60s, 70s, and onwards as well, since he likely killed NEARLY anyone (some have to get away to tell the story, after all) that shunned him (and was mostly successful in this regard) for what he was. These murders could also have confounded the authorities for years and the associated cases left usolved, as evidence left at the crime scenes would simply be dismissed due to the fact that it was “tampered with” - after all, how can someone who’s been identified as already being long dead be killing people?). He could’ve even directly or indirectly influenced Romero himself in a potential chance encounter. He would literally be, well, a living legend - he just doesn’t realize it or care.

Many simple names would work too: Creature; Monster; The Thing (another cultural reference, if you’ve ever seen the film by the same name); Slasher; The Legend; and so on…

2 Likes

I prefer the Mary Shelly version as well. Not necessarily the origin story( like you said it could very well be a great grandfather of a UT scientists that made him) as long as he is a highly intelligent being. A thinker that is a “monster” by choice because of the people after him.

He absolutely cannot be an unthinking brute of a monster that speaks gibberish

As long as he is not super buff like hulk or extremely ugly and bald and decrepit like a zombie I’m fine with looks.

It would be cool to see him team up with fulgore for lore reason and a way to give fulgore his own personality and identity by hanging out with him. Imagine an Arnold terminator hanging out with the hulk and becoming buddies lol

His powers could be immortality through regen. Super strength but no electricity (that’s thunder’s power). He could be a grappler whether through chain grabbing like Solomon Grundy in injustice or maybe a more mobile juggernaut like hulk from MVC3 to contrast the aganos and thunder to an extent…Although wouldn’t it be cool if he became K.I’s vampire by having soul sucking powers and explain that’s how he is immortal? Lol I have never seen a big grapple charecter that can steal life before. He could even absorb projectiles like Nash in sf5 for meter(different from spinal since it affects only projectiles )

2 Likes

Like this but bare chested( to show off the stitches, glacius height and a bit more buff than thunder. With pants instead of shorts to differentiate him from thunder

4 Likes

Or how about rather Frankenstein’s monster that is a warrior instead? Overall a monster-type warrior/warrior-type monster? :wink: :slightly_smiling:

Nah. I’m really feeling the name “Frankie”.

2 Likes

I like this idea. Ki gets a zombie and Frank monster in one as GalacticGeek suggested in a earlier post. Maybe the monster could be Eagle. After using Eagle to do the Fulgore units. Someone at Ultratech, a scientist madman, puts him together and brings him back to life. Maybe with the use of Sabrewulfs blood.

2 Likes

Yep, that works for me! :slight_smile:

1 Like

When they removed eagles brain to make fulgore they were left with a pretty powerful body, they could have done a nice stitch job on him and gave him a brain they could control. Zombie/franken eagle with an abnormal brain!

1 Like

There are many possibilities for a different frankenstein, but with the essence of the original monster

And I particularly would like a contortionist frankenstein, which twists around the opponent, which doubling arm and legs to the contrary. It is a monster “deconstructed” do not have to move or “hug” as normal. A frankenstein connected with twice the energy, frantic, fast, but unhinged “broken” … or would happen during instinct? a double power load, to overclock: P

Get it?!

4 Likes

This guy… :sunglasses:

1 Like

Penny Dreadful version!