Finally Home! Fulgore players rejoice in global conquest!

Awesome video. (Channel trailer)
I like how the music seems to sync up with the combo at 2.05

1 Like

Hello. Does anyone have some tips on the fulgore vs spinal match. I have played the killing machine since the first day of having KI, but, the match against spinal seems particularly difficult. Once put into a heavy searing skull setup most fulgore options are dodged with skeleport or absorbed by power devour.

If he is using power devour, use normals, Skeleport is also punishable with normals unless he uses a skull to cancel it. Counter when you can and know that he has no wakeup other than shadow Skeleport which is easily blocked and punished. If you pressure with a meaty light, you can block in time when itā€™s active. If you bully him first, he canā€™t really bully you back, but if he gets started stealing your meter, it might be over before you know it since his damage is so much higher than Fulgoreā€™s.

You make a lot of valid reasons and for the most part I can agree as to how the risk/reward factor weighs in heavily for Fulgore. As for the events of Evo, yes, to some extend they do and should dictate that a character is only as good as the player but I do believe that also made Rico think significantly more than Gutter. Fulgore has some insane mixups and they are what makes him great but his damage de-buff combined with a shortened laser did slightly reduce his effectiveness in higher tiers. Then again, Fulgore used to be a pain in the behind back then because he had the mixups and the damage which made him a tad cheap. That is not to say I agree with the de-buffs as clearly the player controlling Fulgore has to work even harder as said by the one and only Maximilian Dood.

In the end, I agree with your heartbroken rant, I can see why it would drive someone who mains him crazy. Fulgore does have to work harder to win some matchups and to get the amount of damage a majority of the cast has is absurd considering the amount of meter spent and that is never guaranteed in Ranked. So essentially as you said, ā€œevery match comes down to a damage race which Fulgore just loses, all the timeā€, which is also noted in a CPU vs. CPU match against almost anyone in the cast.

2 Likes

i feel you on every single point here :sweat:

How can fulgore deal with riptor? Particularly the tail flip mixups and HP and HK jump-ins. Also, shadow tail flip hits you even if you backdash.

Blocking the Hp and Hk jump ins and punishing or dp the followup since it is not a frame trap, and the tail flips you can dp them or crouch Hp them. A lot of what Riptor does is unsafe and easily countered with a Dp. If you learn to block her tail flip, you win since it is always a full combo punish.

I can help you with this: because I main both characters.

Also because I fight my brother way more than I do anyone else. and he always picks Riptor I know a few things you can take advantae of:

Firstly: Riptor is not as good in dealing with pressure as she is giving it. You can teleport if sheā€™s coming at you, or block her attacks. if she tries her Heavy Tailflip you can walk forward to block it. But the point is, once you got her cornered DO NOT LET HER ESCAPE. You can dominate easily so long as you keep on your toes.

If I were you I especially be weary of the smart Riptors. Now those are a challenge to fight! :>

Thanks Sullen and Jeffron.

No problem hope youā€™ve become the killing machine youā€™ve always dreamed of :>

Iā€™m gonna put this here since I am a Fulgore player. Try and beat this ultra if you can. Although I highly doubt it is possible at this point. Good luck! Also, I will get myself to work on my Highlight reel soonishā€¦ Got a big blow from my GF over the weekend that put a halt on everything. Anyways, without further delay.

Meh I beat my own Ultra this afternoon again lol. Now I donā€™t think there is any room for improvementā€¦ I said that last timeā€¦ And the time before that tooā€¦ This weekend I will kick into gear and try and make my highlight reel. Life got in the way of that one real fastā€¦ I have all my time stamps though, so hopefully it should only be a short session of work now. Getting the time stamps took a few since I had to straight up watch 6 hours of gameplay. Shadow Jago is fun, but definitely not broken, overpowered, or complaint worthy as youā€™ll probably read. He only has one overpowered trait which requires 1 stock of shadow and 1 surge, basically he has the best 1 chance break in the game and itā€™s a 1/3 guess break. Itā€™s no different from Cinder and his Juggle. Just donā€™t get thrown and youā€™re fine =)

Beaten for maybe the last time now.

I tried checking the videos out to beat the ultra but they donā€™t exist anymore =/ was gonna say I challenge you but with season 3 just out I got more new tech to learn. Iā€™m still down for a fight anytime to anyone tho, fulgore vs fulgore

GT: TACO_L0RD

There is a new one up on my channel, but I donā€™t frequent the forums anymore. Also the new season launch patch deleted all of my cloud data, so unless IG helps me get my data back or somehow gets me all my level 50ā€™s back, I wonā€™t be playing much.

This is my highest Shadow Jago ultra, and has not been beaten since itā€™s been posted and I really donā€™t think it can be beaten.