FINALLY! A (somewhat) ORIGINAL Sci-Fi character instead of keeping KI "Generic monster fighting game"

Would be more original than “Fulgore with gun arms and a head swap”.

Agreed.

The problem is the NEW characters are just unoriginal generic tropes.
In terms of archery fighters, Green arrow is in that DC fighting game, Marvel vs. capcom has hawkeye, and doesn’t mortal kombat have 2 characters that use a bow and arrow?
So no, an archer in KI wouldn’t have an once of originality, nor make KI more unique among other fighting games.

Name any other fighting game that has fighters with mystical powers or abilities.
Now name any other game in which an ultra tech agent can make an appearance.

Mortal kombat, Street fighter, KOF. The list goes on. Bloody roar, DOA, Tekken.

You missed the point. Just because there are archers in other games, doesn’t mean it would be generic in KI. There is no character in KI that has an archery fighting style, so an archer would offer something new to this game.

And to use that same argument you have, Deathstroke, Sonya, Stryker, Kano, etc are already established characters that are modern tech fighters/mercenaries, so how would making human Cinder or an agent from UT be unique when there are already characters like them in other fighters?

You just proved my point. " fighters with mystical powers or abilities." are a n uninspired dime a dozen and common in fighting games.
But an ultra-tech agent would be unique to KI.

Ok, I see your point, but like I said the the first post, “what I’ve wanted for the longest time.
Adding SOMETHING to the sci-fi ultra modern high tech part of KI lore.”

I feel ultratech is the closest representative/embodiment of the KI franchise, akin to way Street fighter’s shadaloo, MK’s Netherrealm, Tekken’s Mishima Zaibatsu, KOFs NESTSetc., and the only characters that reflects ultratech are Aria, fulgore, Cinder, and now kilgore. Yes Riptor NOW looks more ultra-tech like, but his original look was an homage/inspired by/ripoff of Jurassic park.

So instead of adding to the ultratech side of things, we’ve been getting “mummy”, “vampire”, “the ring girl”, “blue demon”, and guest characters.

Sadira…Cinder…those are agents.

Riptors a girl.

but this case is closed. So I’m out.

LOL, that must be something new IG added, because she wasn’t an agent at first.

Oh split more hairs.

Been a thing since her introduction. :confused:

Where have you been?

Sadira has always been an Ultratech hired mercenary. From season 1.

You already have lots of Ultratech minions:
-Aria(da Boss)
-Cinder (second in charge)
-Sadira (field agent, hired assasin)
-Stalkers units (Riptor as leader)
-Fulgore (main assault units)
-Kilgore (old model, now recycled and put in service again)
-Retro Fulgore (Mk 2 model, outdated)
-Retro Riptor (non viable model)

Also, Aria doesn’t trust in humans. She wants to force humanity into evolving. Her two human henchmens are both meta humans: Cinder is genetically improved, and Sadira merged with a cursed spider token. Both of them “Evolved”.

A human mercenary doesn’t make sense. Aria would go for a modified soldier, either genetically or mechanically.

Also, “ultratech agent” is not an archetype: is a job. Who asks for an art student, like Kim? We ask for a martial artist, and her studies or profession makes her more interesting.

Ultratech agent gives zero ideas for gameplay. “Weapon mercenary” does.

Anyway I would prefer an independent remix character(like Kilgore) than an alternative version (like Shago)

Remix = new character like Kilgore :+1:
Remix= alternative version like Shago or (potentially) Shorchid :-1:

@STORM179

Looks like we will never get a Magical Archer.

Not well received :sob:

by one guy. a good archer would be cool especially if the bow can separate into 2 short swords. dual stance character or something

Oh I know. Just teasing a bit.

I think an High Mobility Archer would be awesome! That dual-stance sounds cool too.

Who said we will never get magical archer?

Magic archer was one of the least-voted options in the survey, so it’s not unlikely that we won’t be getting one any time soon.

3 Likes

I agree, however I would like to see Eagle (if he happened) to have 1 or 2 bow moves, maybe with mystical abilities through his wejkin (or however you write it…)

… wut?

I dunno about you but I think that’s why guests exist.

Kan-Ra may have aspects that make him a mummy but I don’t see too many mummies holding the level of power that make him like that.

Aganos is actualy a pretty uniqe golem.

I’ll agree that Mira is a bit generic cause I to grow tried of human with fangs styled vampires but to be honest I can’t think of any design aspects to her that would make her not look similar to Gargos.

I admit though: Human Cinder just sounds like cinder but without the cool fire and flash. Definitely something I’m not ever gonna touch.

I think season2 is pretty much filled out well as far as Ultratech goes.

Sure we got a few bits like Hisako, Aganos, Kan-Ra etc. But aside from them, around half the cast coming into season2 were Ultratech characters. Also add in Orchid, Glacius, etc. and you got some more sci-fi stuff there.

If you ask me the roster does feel pretty balanced but I suppose the only reason it creates an overbaring presence to you is because well…Gargos. Shadow Lords, season3, etc. All of that is fantasy/magic based.

1 Like

I think human cinder is better off as an alternate skin rather than a new character.

1 Like

i would agree

1 Like