Final month of crowdfunding for Shenmue 3!

Here’s a video I made about the last chance to help fund a piece of video game history (Shenmue 3) and get some exclusive rewards. Since the Kickstarter campaign concluded, they have been accepting PayPal pledges through their official website, and reaching more stretch goals.:

It will all end in mid-August and the game will finally release in 2019. I hope we can make it the best game possible.

1 Like

I remember when I beat Shenmue 1 on Dreamcast way back when it first came out. I didnt know it was the end… I was so hyped in the game and I barely beat the bad guy and was ready to head to the Island to finish him off…and… the boat leaves and it says… THE END.

I was like :open_mouth: W T F…NOOOOOOOOOOO! No this cant be! They cant leave it ending like this!
By the time Shenmue 2 came out… I was no longer into gaming. I had moved on to my band being my main priority and I missed the entire PS3/X360 generation. So I have no idea how the story turned out. I eventually dusted off my old Xbox and tried Shenmue 2, but it just felt weird and dated…I couldnt get into it.

Im looking forward to the Xbox Ones backwards compatibility release soon so I can give one last try.

1 Like

I understand. Sometimes life happens and games just don’t have the priority like you mentioned.

The release of Shenmue 1 & 2 in August is more than just a regular port and it’s not backwards compatibility. It’s a true re-release with “quality of life” improvements. Things like updated UI, 1080p, widescreen, modern controls and faster load times. If you pre-order on Xbox One, it’s $27 instead of $30 (full retail price). It’s also the first time that Shenmue 1 will be on another console other than Dreamcast lol (about damn time!).

Yeah man Im definitely going to get it! When I tried Shen 2 after years of inactivity… I still wasn’t into gaming enough to push forward and get the jist of 2.

But now that Im back to gaming 24-7… it shouldn’t be an issue, so Im excited to see where the story went as I still have not been spoiled and have no idea what happens! Dont tell me!

So is 3 a continuation of the story right where 2 leaves off or is it a new ordeal?

1 Like

Part 3 is a continuation! Not re-treading old ground or anything. It picks up immediately after the events of part 2.

FYI: Your save data will transfer from Shenmue 1 to Shenmue 2; things like collectables, journal entries, etc. However, your save data will not transfer to part 3, no matter which platform you play it on. Hopefully, moving forward with parts 4 and 5, your data from part 3 will transfer with no problem.

Dude the Dreamcast was so awesome for its time. I loved that thing! NBA2K was so awesome!
Shenmue… Evil Dead… and many more. I hated trading it in but it just wasnt putting out any games anymore.

1 Like

Yeah, I’ll never forget how awesome it felt to get a brand new Dreamcast and turn it on for the first time. It was the best Sega console.

1 Like

The Dreamcast was amazing. And it was a fighting game dream come true with SoulCalibur, official Hori sticks, SFIII, MvC, and countless Japanese fighting games.

I played a Shenmue demo. I think my brother bought it but didn’t beat it. I hope everyone enjoys part three. I have my doubts because it was a game that occupied a place in time. The big deal was the fully realized world and since then there have been huge numbers of open world games that really improved on that concept.

1 Like

You could go tot work, clock in and drive a fork lift for 8 hours, but the game time translated to like 20 mins or less. The end of 1 was a huge cliff hanger… it doesnt even feel no where near the end…its like the halfway point and your ready to really get going with your new skills and confidence and …the END…to be continued. ugh man I never felt so dumbfounded by a game. Part 2 didnt come out for years and by the time I got a hold of it it was way too late.

1 Like

Shenmue definitely pioneered the open-world genre but the main thing it did that captivated people was the story, and how you progressed through it in a natural way. Fans of today just want to see the story continue. We’re not so focused on the technological aspects of the game itself (although part 3 looks to be coming along very nicely in that department as well).

1 Like

Shenmue1/2 comes out tuesday!!! I got mine preordered tonight at game stop. So go get your copy tuesday to get all caught up!

1 Like

I pre-ordered digitally so both games are ready to go on my hard drive. Now all I gotta do is wait until 9 PM PST on 8/20!

1 Like

Shenmue is down loading! what what!!! Prob play a little bit later one tonight!!!

1 Like

I played it until 3 AM last night and then some more today. I love this game… maybe to an unhealthy extent. I’m just excited to finally see the saga begin again, and then continue! Shenmue 3 will come out August 27th, 2019.

The controls are rough… I got glitched/stuck in the park where you learn your first kung fu move the double blow. Ryo just froze and wouldn’t move. I had to close game. Hoping tomorrow it will pick up there or I will have to start over :frowning:

1 Like

Woah! Yeah some people have reported some odd glitches. I’m about 70% through the game and the only problem I’ve encountered is that a certain achievement isn’t popping like it should.

The developers have stated that they’re committed to fixing all the bugs. I hope so!

Do you have to go to bed to save game or does it auto save where you left off?

You can either go to your room or open the menu with the Y button and save anywhere (from the Save tab). In the original game, you could only save in your room.

I couldnt find the save owell…guess I gotta start over… not a good start for me

Yeah, Shenmue was released in a time when autosave wasn’t a thing lol.

1 Like