Eyedol

Only if his design gets completely changed. He looks dumb.

1 Like

I for 1 say go all in and include him. I like the stance idea with his 2 heads too - however, I would have 1 head control all his upper body attacks (punches and club) and have the other control all of his lower body attacks (kicks). However, with each head, all of the attack buttons would be punch or kicks, but not both at the same time. The idea being that he would have twice as many normals as any other character because, well, 2 heads are better than 1, but because thereā€™s so much to think about, he can only control 1 set at a timeā€¦ :wink:

Nope, not that Iā€™ve ever heard.

I do recall Adam saying at one point that Eyedol would have to be drastically overhauled (if Iā€™m not mistaken).

Right now heā€™s sort of this odd amalgamation of ā€œstuff.ā€ Cloven hooves, two heads, cyclopsā€¦

Pick one defining feature and build out a cohesive look and background for the character from there.

In the old forums we had a huge thread that he was talking with us in, I think he gets where weā€™re coming from and what we want. Most people think the defining feature is the two cyclops heads, get rid of the satyr legs if you must but the heads are paramount to the character design.

Really? I wonder why the two heads is the defining feature. I wouldnā€™t mind it if he were more of a big, ogre-ish cyclops with just one head, but maybe thatā€™s a tad boring? I dunno. Even just a big dude with two heads and a regular body seems a bit plain to me.

Tough to say what an Eyedol redesign that keeps his soul enact while drastically improving him would actually look like.

Well I mean his name is EYEdol, the whole absurdity of the two headed cyclops thing is kinda his trait.

1 Like

I didnā€™t say there was anything wrong with his name, simply that his name is related to his character design. Eye-dol is about a cyclops with two heads, Spinal is a skeleton, Riptor is a raptor with just talons, Glacius is an alien with ice powers, Cinder is a being made of fire, Sabrewulf is a werewolf with huge claws, I could go on. Eyedolā€™s name like many other characters in Killer Instinct tells something about the character, getting rid of his two heads would undermine the entire basis of his name and character design.

1 Like

His name is a play on words. Eye and idol. He should embody both of these into his new design. A godlike entity to be worshiped, and something to do with his eyes. He could keep the single eye on each head, but there are other ways to accentuate the eye. One of my suggestions on the old forum was to give him a third eye on his forehead. It would show his enlightenment or godlike status. He would have immense knowledge and a way to see things no others could see. The two eyes in the sockets could be withered or have no pupils, possibly from lack of use. Just an idea

1 Like

But thatā€™s the beauty of it. I feel like Tusk is a snoozefest design wise. Heā€™s just boring to me, but Iā€™m 100% confident that IG will make him awesome. Gargos has huge potential to be awesome. What if they redesigned him to be like a tiger/demon? Doesnā€™t have to be the bland gargoyle looking creature from before. Heā€™s got cool lore.

two heads, i think two lasso in fire for Eyedol is a good idea?

Have you seen Cinder and Omen? Both of those characters make me think IG canā€™t do this. Heck didnā€™t even Double Helix hire a third party to redesign some of the characters like Jago. Even then those characters donā€™t seem that difficult to do but there is only so much you can polish about those original designs. I donā€™t even want those retro costumes because the original design wasnā€™t even good.

Legs of minotaur

I hear that to an extent, I do prefer Cinderā€™s classic.

Omenā€™s really grown on me though, in my opinion of course, but heā€™s not a redesign. But look at Aganos, Kan Ra, and Hisako. Those arenā€™t remodels of old characters either and theyre greatā€¦ but do we have rose tinted glasses? I think their redesigns are phenomenal. Riptor and Maya did no disservice to their classic counterparts.

I dont get the challenge to make eyedol goodā€¦

Hes EPIC! Just do it! Make the club more magical it should open rifts or something i mean that must be a reason gargous wanted him dead and i dont buy thst is was just because he was strong

2 Likes

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Iā€™m pretty confident in their ability. I like Cinderā€™s new design, and his game-play is a spectacle to watch. Omenā€™s design does seem a tad more tame than the others, but I attribute that to time constraints as well as not having concept art, thus making him from scratch. I think Omen would look better if he had more shadow/smoke trails coming off him, similar to Kronos from ā€œWrath of the Titansā€.

They both wanted dominion of the lands, and to be all powerful. They stand in the way of each-other, or at least they did. From what I understood, there were more Warlords than them, but they all fell somehow, with Eyedol and Gargos being the last. Of course, they could spice up the story a bit with some grand Machiavellian plot, which would be nice.

For me, Eyedol doesnā€™t even need a club. Heck, give him the spear of longinus, trishula, or kongo. Just some examples.