Eyedol is a boss character, he has to be

Only bosses have cinematic instinct animations. Both ARIA and Gargos have them… and so does Eyedol.

2 Likes

I’m not really sure what “boss character” means in the context of KI.

A character that is A) Relevant to the plot as a “Boss” in some capacity and or at the end of the story as well as B) Built from the ground up with a unique boss-like moveset that is fundimentally different than any character (ARIA’s assists/3 life bars, Gargos’ minions, etc) and moderately overpowered in the right hands.

Only “boss” characters thus far have had a cinematic instinct activation animation, so it might be the case that Eyedol is a bigger part of the plot than you might expect.

I’m fairly sure that’s a given

1 Like

He’s probably the guy the vampire covenant was trying to resurrect.

…I think we’re getting Windigos.

2 Likes

Maybe he’ll be the secret boss of Shadow Lords.

1 Like

I think he’s the alternate Boss for when the player chooses Gargos in Shadowlords.

1 Like

GOOD IDEA! Lol

Sub-boss in SL. Seeing as how he didn’t get a background when his instinct activates, only a cinematic. Unlike gargos and ARIA who got both a background change and cinematic.

Now that I think it more it makes sense he’s a sub-boss. They never said anything about negative effects with his instinct NOR did they say you can cancel his instinct at any point in time.

Unlike ARIA and gargos who can cancel their instinct on a whim AND both of them have negatives to boot.

1 Like

The thing about that though… Eyedol hates Gargos, I don’t really see him being on the same side. Shadow Lords is more about defending Earth from Gargos, I could see Eyedol being a final boss but only when you play as Gargos allied characters such as Omen, Shadow Jago or Gargos himself.

Yeah wasn’t it kan ra’s book they were after? Now we know why