Easiest Difficulty Too Hard And 3 Characters

I like the difficulty spike to a point. So far I only play on challenging and used to think it was too easy now it’s a hell of a lot more fun to play. Gargos finally seems like a threat and he kicked my ■■■ pretty bad, I didn’t know he could regenerate his entire health bar he makes TJs last breath look like a ■■■■■ lol.

Well FYI Swordsman, it does say “for those new to fighting games”.

4 Likes

Shadow lords wasn’t designed for a one and done play-through. hence why there are so many unlockables that don’t require you to beat it.

If you are having a tough time, grind for better items, you don’t need to use items on every run, just save up items for when you really want to win.

Lastly Omen has a huge weakness, projectile invulnerable moves. Just bring an item that gives you more shadow meter and blow through all his fireballs and he is easily defeated. (but don’t waste the item or you will have a bad time).

I love seeing highly skilled players trying to tell low skilled players how the easy mode that doesn’t effect them at all should play out. We’re the scrubs that have to play “normal” to enjoy the game, we know what we’re talking about.

8 Likes

At least someone gave good advice.

This mode is the most Ideal way to learn new characters though, you send your weakest character to do easy missions, and you familiare characters to do the hardest ones (like Omen). Also give your best items to the character that you are new with as to mitigate your mistakes.

That shouldn’t matter. Beating Gargos shouldn’t just be handed to you regardless

Tell that to the developers “The easiest one should say for average and pro players.”

Yeah, that makes sense.

The Astral plane is locked behind challenging difficulty, clearly the developers don’t think beating normal Gargos is much of an accomplishment and if that’s the case there is no reason he should be so incredibly difficult on the easiest setting.

2 Likes

I had the same problem. One thing that worked against me was that corruption had spawned an omen but I couldn’t find him on the mission select screen. I ended up facing gargos with two buffs left because I could not find or fight two omens.

Also, do you have to ultra gargos to win now?

I had Riptor, Saberwulf, and Fulgore. I could get gargos down to 9% with two characters with full health, and still lost by means of some magic bull crap.

1 Like

You mean how he gets to magically regen an entire lifebar when you down him now?

Yeah, that load of bull. How many times can he do that? Do I have to ultra him or will he just keep doing that? Also when he takes me off screen to kick my anus. I dont like that, I have no idea what’s going on, or if I can break whatever that is.

From my understanding its one per “fight” and after he does it you can kill him. However if you die the next character has to deal with this new ability again and if that character dies he can do it once more to the third character. So basically each time you start a fight with him he’s got an entire life bar in reserve.

1 Like

I guess that makes sense. And to that, I say crap.

1 Like

Yeah its incredibly lame, especially when playing on the easiest difficulty.

1 Like

So I was just watching Max’s SL stream and we just got conformation from Delriach (he was there too) that boss Gargos was not supposed to be as hard as is now and is getting slightly toned down. Still hard as balls but a bit more beatable.

6 Likes

That’s good then.

I hope so

I’m getting really mixed signals here. All up until launch I hear that mode was “designed to appeal to the casual audience”, but now I keep reading that it’s “designed to be a real challenge”.

I can understand Godlike being stupid hard, and Challenging should definitely push you if you’ve gotten a good chunk of experience with the mode. But if Normal difficulty is supposed to be “For those New to Fighting Games”, it’s not going to be well received, at especially by the casual audience.
As someone who’s played this game since Season 1 and has a pretty decent understanding of how it works, this is going to be hell for new players.

4 Likes