Dying Light: The Following

So, I got back into Dying Light, due to the Standalone Expansion Pack, “The Following”. It is really fun! The Map is larger than both maps in the core game! The Buggy that is teased so much in the trailers, is just so you have a way to get to your destination quicker, because it’s more of a farmland map. :slightly_smiling: The buggy customization is cool though, as I just Added Nitro and Turbo to it, so every time I turn it on, you can hear the turbo charge before driving. And It get’s a bit scarier, as the Ferals and Night Hunters can actually run just as fast, if not faster than your buggy, so it’s terrifying driving at high speeds at night, with hunters chasing you. They can even jump ONTO your buggy and block your view and claw you! Then the screaming and swerving comes. LOL

Legendary Levels are cool, basically like a Prestige level, without the restart. So I can get 20% more power in Blunt weapons for example. Stuff like that. Plus, more weapons, and you get a Compound Crossbow a little bit in the story! (But I have The Bozak Horde Bow, and Upgraded that, so it’s tons more powerful. LOL)

The story is pretty interesting too, with the cult being very mysterious and weird, and learning more about Kyle Crane is interesting, but I won’t spoil it for you guys.

Also, they added (Starting to) community maps, made by the PC Community, so think Fallout 4’s Mod support, but with Maps. There is only 4 right now, but I’m sure they will add more. My favorite one probably has to be one that is made to be an amusement park of Harran, and one that is in the style of P.T. Seriously, I wasn’t expected to get so terrified of a Jump scaring Teddy Bear. :grin:

IMO, It’s a great return to Dying Light, and the buggy customization and new weapons as well as the New Story and missions will keep me occupied for a while.

If anyone has this, please share your stories, and maybe a clip or too!

So. How are you enjoying Dying Light: The Following?

I played the Dying Light demo the other night and I really enjoyed it! Its the first one, not the new one, but still It was really cool and kinda scary at moments…it got dark and I didnt make it back to the safe house… crazy mouth zombie got me!

It’s intense. Even more if a Night Hunter (Human Player) invades your game. Which was probably that crazy mouth zombie you saw. Then it turns into a game of cat & mouse, and you are the mouse. The Following is just an Expansion, but it’s a big one. Lol

So the new game is only expansion? Really? i thought fro sure it was a whole new game!

1 Like

Yeah, Just an Expansion. So they went all out! :slight_smile: But it is a Standalone Expansion.

I reinstalled the game last night and ran around a bit in the main world looking for an event before realizing I had to start the DLC from the main menu - at that point I ended up going to bed, and will likely play some of it tonight.

After not playing it for somewhere around a year, I realize my reflexes/muscle memory for all the advanced movements has been lost, and I’m going to have to relearn stuff. The game also looks grainier than I remember, but I might’ve played it back on my old TV as well.

Yeah, It’s a complete new map, bigger than both Maps in the core game.[quote=“xSkeletalx, post:6, topic:4854”]
After not playing it for somewhere around a year, I realize my reflexes/muscle memory for all the advanced movements has been lost, and I’m going to have to relearn stuff. The game also looks grainier than I remember, but I might’ve played it back on my old TV as well.
[/quote]

I just hope your driving skill is on point. Especially at Night.

and how much is the price for that ‘expansion’?

I don’t own the Season Pass, but I didn’t have to pay for the expansion; not sure why. I did see that it’s $20 if the store doesn’t determine you own it already.

Yeah, Skeletal is right. $20 Dollars! :slight_smile:

ok, think thats a done deal then.
I gonna play me some dying light ‘the following’ :smile:

Honestly, I never really stopped playing the game. I played The Following a little bit this afternoon, and man, that buggy is something… I’m still not sure if I like it. The driving is really tight, probably the best driving mechanics in any game that isn’t built around driving right now, imo. It just feels underwhelming to me.

Idk, maybe I’ll like it more after I get it upgraded, but it feels very lackluster right now (I’m driver level 3, so I just got Nitro)

It gets a bit better. You can add a roll cage, off road stuff, and a flamethrower and such later. I think I’m Lvl. 3 with my buggy? I Dont remember.