Does anyone know how to play vanilla (original) killer instinct season1?

Won’t work. First, good luck getting 1. Second, it required a day 1 update, which forces you to go online (which also means KI will auto-update) before you could even use it, so staying offfine isn’t an option.

The retail version of ki has season 1 on it , unlocking it is the problem XD. From what I know now , you need to have no ki saves at all on your console ( so hopefully by moving my saves and season 3 to a hard drive it will act as a clean slate once removed ) from there you put in the disc while offline and with no saves . The alternative is to completely delete your saves and put in the disc

Just a quick update , I got season one to work ! Basically you put all your ki season 3 saves to a external hardrive , unplug it and install ki off the disc offline .should work fine just make sure to uninstall it once your done playing

Really? Do take pictures of your Season 1! I want to see with my own eyes! :smiley:

2 Likes

HOLY COW!!!

It really is working! I miss KI Season 1 so much! Can you show us Season 1 gameplay video? : D

You should post on twitter or new thread!

1 Like

Yea im planning to do some season 1 stuff , ill keep you guys posted

1 Like

Yes! Hey, how do you feel to play Season 1 in 2016? :slight_smile:

I never got around to playing season 1 when it came out , but its like a completely different game XD

Lol, I knew you say that. What do you think about Season 1’s Fulgore? He was almost OP than now!

His d.beam does 41 on hit + potential damage

1 Like

Boring ■■■ cpu fights no thanks adapt or perish

Wat ?

Cool nice to know it works

Time for a S1 side tournament at the World Cup!!

4 Likes

This would be a great idea, to be honest.

Season 1 was incredible. I REALLY miss it, actually. There was just something special, something different about it.

Well, even though I prefer the S2 and S3 changes, it’s still nice to see that you guys (kinda-sorta) get what you want. Everybody’s happy! :smiley:

1 Like

Same, love season 3 but I’m glad there’s something for the “if it’s new it sucks” crowd. Wonder how much the “i hate season 3” posts will go down… Or disappear altogether…

Hey guys I made a new thrend about this topic : How to play Double Helixs Killer instinct season one (tutorial)

I will also put the video here as well if you guys want to have a look at it