Do I suck?

I don’t want to start a fight, but what is the difference between a Shadow Jago player that slides and teleports the whole match, and a player that does nothing but the safe on block moves for their character? To me they are both crap ways to play. Both types are doing nothing but using the same moves over and over. I don’t understand why one is accepted and the other is hated.

Which one is accepted? Maybe I can answer your question.

I personally dont think Shago is fair, because he can hit you in all 5 possible ways from almost anywhere on the screen. (Overhead in front, Low in front, Overhead crossup, Low crossup, Throw)

That would be OK if he didnt also have the best Jumping HP in the game, and a few un-readable moves.

If his surge bar was a little bigger, and it cost a surge bar to cancel a dash-through into a move, i think he would be fine. But right now When you are on the ground, you are stuck in a 20% chance guessing game.

(He is also difficult because all of his moves are supposed to be 100% countered by good reactions, but that means that if you dont have a lag-less TV, you are at a 3-4 frame or more disadvantage.)

I know which one is accepted, but I think someone that uses the same block safe move the whole time, and doing chip damage is just like a spammer. I guess it is just more fun to me to see how many unsafe and safe moves I can land.

And no I don’t have a problem with the really good players.

Sense Shadow Jago is permanently on sale now. I would not be shocked to see him get nerfed now. Anytime a character get over used and abused they need them. Considering there are no shortage of posts complaining about him.

do u guys in general see any problem with how my spinal is? from another players point of view?

You didn’t answer my question lol I’m so lost.

Sorry about that. The safe on block is the one that is accepted. And move spamming is hated.

1 Like

Oh I see now. I think players accept it because it’s a sign of respect. When you play safe, you are trying to use every advantage of the game to win. Things like frame traps are the things I think you’re talking about right? Is like you’d rather not take unsafe and risky offense because you know your opponent can punish you. Conversely, unsafe shadow jago moves aren’t liked because in the beginner stage is just annoying lol. In the seasoned player mind it’s seen as not optimal play. Safe pressure and frame traps is a form of strategy to lose risk and maximize reward. It has nothing to do with the appeal of the gameplay. Unsafe pressure and “spamming” is not liked because weak players aren’t good yet (this is what I think) and pro players find it to reckless because they can beat it 10/10 times.

What I said above is my objective opinion. Nod in my PERSONAL opinion, I see no difference in safe pressure and “spamming”, they are both annoying and boring (I’m agreeing with you). Spamming is usually done by the less skilled players, so it has a negative connotation. Safe pressure is fine by really good players, that’s why it didn’t get hate.

I think the difference you don’t see is that one is an effective strategy ALWAYS and one is NOT. Safe pressure will ALWAYS breed favorable results over spamming/UNSAFE moves simply because you aren’t opening yourself up to get hit.

1 Like

Your game play is good. Don’t worry you will get better with time. I am better now than I was 2 years ago when I started. I do think that he was just pissed at his own game play. He has a higher opinion of his game play. Just remember to always end your combos. Also don’t taunt in the middle of the match, because if they were giving you a break and not playing at their full ability they will after the taunt. Now if you know you will win then middle match taunts are ok.

Thanks for letting me know that I am not the only one that thinks spamming block on safe all the time is annoying. I just feel that way because doing the same move over and over is boring, weather it is safe or not. I would rather loose my life to a move spammer over losing it to mass chip damage.

In KI you don’t take chip damage through normal attacks. Only special moves.

Unless you’re fighting Tusk.

Oh word?

Tusk’s sword normals do chip. A teeny tiny bit but it’s there.

1 Like

Work on your combos. You’re doing fine. Spinal’s skulls now prevent your opponent from gaining meter AND to get rid of them, you have to hit Spinal the same number of times as you got hit by a skull. This is a key strategy you did not use until you got Instinct, and even then it was just fireball after fireball in a predictable manner. Learn to use his manuals, they give you a skull which you can tack on to them to prevent meter gain.