Right now, Kim Wu’s heavy Dragon Kick, from what KI is telling me, is 10 frames of startup, 10 active frames and 64 frames of recovery, What it doesn’t tell you is that it does not hit standing or blocking opponents on wakeup or while they’re standing, aside from Aganos, RAAM, Eyedol and Gargos (a bug? thought it was supposed to miss flat out.) While the light and medium have other uses like escaping a corner with a dragon, juggle potential, etc, the heavy is mainly utilized for jump-in anti-air. I’m wondering what a change it might provide for adding invincibility to maybe the last 3-4 frames of startup?
Pros to the new move
- Grants a slightly more reliable anti-air option to Kim’s arsenal.
- Would perhaps entice more players to use it, doesn’t see much usage to my eye.
- Metagame wise, makes it less desirable to jump in on Kim-Wu with a pseudo-DP
Cons to the new move
- Does nothing to prevent most any meaty tech that’d work against her currently.
- Still is not viable as a wake up option, even with a neutral jump, since she’d go sailing behind her opponent
- Retains all the other minuses the move currently has now.
- Does nothing to help a late jump-in reaction. You tried it late, you still eat that jump-in attack.
- No changes in the moves frame data or damage are being suggested.
I know somewhere that Keits has said he’s either against or feels that Kim Wu doesn’t need a DP. Let’s not split hairs, adding invincible frames to a move like that is making it a DP. But it’s a unique one that fits her billing as a whiff punisher. I’m curious what others think on this.