Discuss the KI World Cup Results

Well, his changes don’t necessarily help him in his worst MU’s. Most of Aganos’ buffs allow him to more quickly/efficiently manage his chunks. The Fulgore MU sucks for him not because he can’t chunk up, but because Fulgore gives no ■■■■■ about his chunks. That teleport and 3-hitting dragon punch are just insanely good in this fight, and I don’t think S3 is really doing anything to address that.

Dude. Waterhorses. Coming as far as he did from a last chance qualifier was crazy, and his Glacius was SUPER impressive. Not going to lie, I was hoping to see him take it all the way… but seeing Rico pull out his Glacius for grand finals was nice, too. ;w; Congrats to everyone in the Top 32, that was some amazing play by all.

3 Likes

Wow! What’s that guy’s problem?

I’m not even a Glacius player but Waterhorses was amazing with Glacius.

I feel like KI World Cup was dominated by Glacius players. A huge number of last chance qualifiers AND Top 32 were Glacius mains or at least used him at one point (including Rico, who won the grand prize using Ice Christ)
Tons of awesome Glacius play. Always felt good to root for him since I haven’t seen a ton of him.

I’m sure the fact he’s a Glacius player had NOTHING to do with it…! :smiley:

I was really happy that all of the characters were played for at least a match, because I feel like it shows the level of balance and ability across the entire cast. How many other games can say their least popular character (Omen, by my assumption) saw play in Top 8 at a large tournament?

I honestly don’t know why he was so angry. He was playing RICO in a SF4 set, lost, looked at Rico, then got up and smashed his arcade stick lol

Waterhorses beat the crap out of me in my 1st online tournament! Ill never forget his GT…lol…I knew when I seen him on last chance qualify he was going to go far. the dude is really good!

Damn! I just noticed that in the back ground! lol…didnt even see that earlier.

1 Like

Lol it makes Rico’s thumbsup smerk at the end so much more funny XD

1 Like

Rico stays in shape by curling his trophies and benching his bank account! Great job man! And props to everyone who made it or gave it a go.

1 Like

Confused -Rico also competes in the Street Fighter games?

Yeah, he’s got a pretty good Abel. He’s not one of the best or anything, but is generally a threat if he’s in it. He used to compete at the NLBC in New York a lot, though I don’t think he’s been a regular there for a bit.

I actually saw that set on stream. He was down by quite a bit, and then vortex’d Sanford to ultimately take the set. The final play (the one that set Sanford off) was an EX wheel kick that caught Sanford trying to jump out of a command grab if I remember correctly. Which I might not, since it’s been a while since I saw it.

Did that guy just trash a perfectly good fight stick?

1 Like

Yes lol if you watch the video version you can here it smash on the ground, I thinks that’s why Rico kind of looks like he jumps a bit lol

1 Like

Hah! Memory vindicated! :smile::+1:

Sanford Kelly was for a period known for his salt at losing games. He gets very emotional about his gameplay. There was an NLBC final where he beat Smug after ages using Ken and you can hear yell “Yes!” over the commentators. I like his passion but sometimes it makes me go WTF

The Arbiter is officially in Killer Instinct!

Every single character from Season 1 and Season 2 was represented…I love the balance to this game…so much fun and KI World Cup was a complete success… What more can a fighting game can ask for😍

1 Like

He looks at Rico like Rico just told him he Fuked his mom or girlfriend…lol…like what is he looking at him like that for? that’s the best part to me.

I know!!! Best part’s gotta be Rico’s thumbs up though :smiley: