Discuss about Glacius' ultimate

See my quote above. That’s from Adam Isgreen. Shattering to pieces would definitely imply death, which is what the dev team is apparently NOT going for. They’re intentionally making the ultimates ambiguous to whether the loser has died or not.

Oh come on. That cannot be literal.
Even stage ultras would be more close to “real” ultimates if that is true (Aganos’ stage ultra, for instance).

1 Like

I doubt Aria will be left out, one boss has to have one

I totally agree. I don’t know why they’re taking this approach with ultimates.

I don’t know why they are taking this approach either. But I admit I’m a bit surprised (Edit - surprised by your reaction) because it never occurred to me that “death” was the essential component of a finisher. Even in the original Mortal Kombat, Liu Kang had the weird somersault into uppercut Fatality that certainly didn’t seem any worse than any other uppercut.

1 Like

I think it would start off with glacius using liquefy to get to the opponent re-solidify and perform his grab which would then shoot the opponent back where he would be hit by multiple ice spikes and be sent flying by the last one which would be the giant one in his ultra and you’d see the opponent about to land on that same spike before the camera zooms back to glacius and say Ultimate.

i’m pretty sure he’s getting one. there are 15 original characters and shago’s ultimate does not count so 15 ultimates, 15 original characters, and no new characters have gotten an ultimate yet.

1 Like

Freezes opponent into a block of ice… done.

Ice can form all over their bodies and shatter off in an ice explosion and their body could still stay intact afterwards. The whole ambiguous death? thing could still be achieved so long as it could be assumed they might survive.

Glacius is one of my mains. I want him, Riptor, and Sabrewulf to have an ultimate.

I would be very displeased if neither of them get ultimates

What about absorption, anyone know if that would be allowed? Does it imply death?

Found something interesting, lol talk about timing.

Looking at the other ultimates, would a lot of levitating and posing happen, they seem to keep keep the image of the winning ultimate pose in quick fashion- id love to see him phase out or crate the ice coffin shield around the loser then the camera moves from the victim and he spears the spike ice blade into and you hear glass shatter