Disabling Voice (Steam version)

HI, I’ve been trying to find a way around this problem but so far I don’t know how.
I can’t seem to find a way to disable voice chat specifically in Steam KI.
Now I guess I need to clarify this:

• I am not referring to muting someone, I know this is possible during character select, though it would be much better if there was a way to change the default setting to muted, so you don’t have to press the button for every single match. I’m sure there are a lot of ppl out there who would prefer not to hear the other person.
  • Yes, I know that one possibility is to “just turn the mic off”. Which I wouldn’t mind doing honestly, except there are times I would like to stream the game, and still talk to viewers without forcing my opponent to also listen in. I was in the testing group, and I did not realize this to be an issue since we were not streaming then.

As there is no ‘oficial’ way to disable voice inside the game, does anyone know a workaround for this issue, where I could still stream or use my mic elsewhere?
Thanks.

You dont force your opponent to listen. He can mute you.

Yes I understand that. But like I said, that alone is not enough. There should be a way to change a default setting, or for me to turn off my mic ingame. It’s tedious to have to mute someone before every match, people will forget occasionally.

I personally never forget to mute opponent’s baby crying in background :joy:

I hear ya, but on the other side, the only option for that person with the crying baby is to completely turn off their voice (as in, over their whole computer), and they might be using it for something else while playing.