Different Necronomicons?

Are there happened to be different versions of the Necronomicon particularly AND most notably H.P. Lovecraft’s Necronomicon and H.R. Giger’s Necronomicon? :confused:

Of course I don’t know what they are called but they have different spells and look different as well.

1 Like

The Necronomicon exists in many different story narratives originating from the works of HP Lovecraft and was used in various fiction all the way to modern days in Ash vs The Evil dead. Lovecraft was all about shared narratives and would be overjoyed by how much his works have infected todays literature like that dark figure at the corner of your eye that disappears when you try to catch a glimpse not realizing that while you read this post its now standing right behind you.

Despite this the Necronomicon was always written by the fictional character Abdul Alhazred, is always a tome bound in human flesh and is always a source of great evil mystical bullshit. In that sense in your words YES there ARE happened to be different versions, but these different versions are all THE SAME. Further enhancing the lore behind such a fabled book.

1 Like

[quote=“FGCSlamjam, post:3, topic:20208, full:true”] In that sense in your words YES there ARE happened to be different versions, but these different versions are all THE SAME. Further enhancing the lore behind such a fabled book.
[/quote]
Including the one by AND from H.R. Giger?

im familiar with HP Lovecraft’s version. i read it once, it was real creepy and awesome!

anybody ever hear of the gigas codex?

1 Like

Is that mentioned in one of Lovecraft’s works, I presumed?

no, HR Giger named it after HP lovecraft’s idea but it doesnt actually have those properties as listed above.

1 Like

Ah, so that explains the same identical name/title for BOTH Lovecraft’s and Giger’s works. Thanks for clearing up the matter to me and much appreciated too :slight_smile:

H.P. Lovecraft’s very OWN answers on his Necronomicon :slight_smile: :wink:

no, its an actual historical text. it is called “The Devil’s Bible”. it is the largest book you’ll ever see and the legend behind it was that it was written in a single night when its author was possessed by lucifer or some demon. i need to refresh on it, and if i am not mistaken…the vatican has it. it is also supposedly bound in flesh, i think, do not quote me on it

Ive has the Necronomicon for years…I even wrote a killer song about it in 2001 called “Testimony”…one of the best Mercurial songs I ever wrote. Just a killer song.