Definitive Edition on Windows 10

As of now 5/20/17, I can purchase the definitive edition from the in game store.

But before I toss 40 bucks out the window, I want to ask if anyone knows if the Definitive Editions is currently working on Windows 10.

My internet searches have made it painfully aware that this version of the game only seems to be available on PC when the planets align and virgin sacrifices are performed, so i want to see if anyone can confirm that it’s good to go before I buy it.

Thank you in advance for reading and hopefully responding.

Yeah, it works.
Keep in mind the Definitive Edition comes with the game and then a front end app that contains all the bonus features like documentaries, character bios (through Eyedol), and music.

Whether or not he game works for you…if your PC’s up to specs and your windows 10 OS is up to date it should work just fine. There are a few people here and there that have had issues. Me myself…it’s been nothing game breaking, and is usually fixed with a simple computer restart…but there have been others on here that have had issues like not being able to access anything but the free character, so there is that.

If I’m not mistaken, and you’ll have to ask someone else to confirm, but I think if the game isn’t working for you you can get a hold of MS customer service and get a refund if you want to go that route. But I haven’t done this myself, so I don’t know.

1 Like

Thanks a lot for the reply. My PC is definitely up to spec and Windows 10 is fully up to date (the standard free version of the game runs like a champ).

Here’s hoping that it will work, because KI has always been a favorite fight franchise of mine, and I’m looking forward to taking a trip down memory lane while exploring the new version.

Thanks again for the information, it is greatly appreciated.

1 Like

I hope it does work for you, and if you need any help figuring out how to play the game, check out some of the other threads here…most of the forum members here are more than happy to help new players get better.

1 Like

Will do, big thanks to you sir.

:slight_smile:

1 Like

Last time I checked it wasnt available for purchase on the windows store…something about having some issues…I hope that changed now

Maybe the problem is on my region

Regards

1 Like

Just wanted to update anyone that reads this thread on how things went.

I bought the DE of the game, downloaded about a 6.5 gig patch, closed the windows store app after it finished (didn’t log out, just closed it).

I then loaded up the game, and had a bunch of those lovely “caution” icons that the game uses to let you know you have stuff to check out. Everything in game that the DE unlocks was successfully unlocked on the “free” edition I had previously installed.

Just keep in mind that the app store will tell you it isn’t currently available for Windows 10…though I honestly think it does that since not all of the features are currently unlocked for PC (Killer Instinct 1 and 2 being playable for example…those are still X-Box One only).

So the DE should work for Windows 10 users as long as there aren’t any problems on the user/buyer’s end (firewall, windows update, etc.).

Hopefully this info helps anyone on the fence or worried about the upgrade.

In the meantime, I’ll be starting my journey of “git gud” later on tonight when I get home.

Again, big thanks to the responses in the thread.

3 Likes