Combo Breaker Training

If I’m not mistaken, CB Training was released first - but that’s not to say Infil wasn’t working on his method during or prior. They’re both pretty useful in my opinion.

2 Likes

something that helps me, is process of elimination. Find out what light, and heavy look and feel like. Light looks like fast street fighter pokes, and heavy is slower, and easier to see. Anything that you don’t recognize from that, is medium. Been working for me.

I want to use combo breaker training more, but the fact that the AI always does enders (and often very quickly after starting the combo) is a real turnoff to me. :disappointed:

4 Likes

Why is that an issue for you?

Just makes the whole process a lot longer than it should be. I want to practice breaking things - not spend a third of my time watching the character perform some random ender.

If your TV has a “game mode” display setting, switch to that. I found that my TV had an insane amount of display lag on it - I learned to play through it for the most part, but the instant I went to an offline event I noticed a massive difference in input timings. You really should be able to press break as Jago’s sword hits your character; if you’re finding that’s getting you timing locked out then it’s possible you’ve got some input lag that’s messing you up.

@MrxFlutterShy - I’m not personally a huge fan of the mode, though I have gone into it once or twice to check up on a specific MU. I personally tend to think there are more important things that you need to learn than how to break in order to level up your game, but a good breaker game can undeniably make you a more dangerous opponent to play so there’s that. Other’s seem to have had good success with it, so I wish you the best. :thumbsup:

1 Like

Even though I have a bad asss TV for its year model…it doesnt have a game mode. Its right on the cusp of when they started making TVs based around game modes and such.

Its a Sony Bravia KDL-46XBR6…which is great but I got it in 2009 I think?

I imagine this TV is extremely laggy. :frowning:

your probably right! But its not so bad that I cant kick the sheet out of someone online :slight_smile:

You could always go to practice mode and record long combo strings, the exact ones you want even, with which you can practice.

I have a Sony Bravia 700B I noticed the response time was so-so but not too bad. So I changed the option from “Game” to “Auto.” Made a HUGE difference in KI game play and graphics are smoother. I’m not sure why that is. Possibly something to try.

My Bravia is 1 year to old to have the Game Option…unfortunately they didnt add that option until a model or so later.

I dont see it much as a big deal… I went 18-1 in ranked last night and broke a ton of shadow moves…so it seems to be work just fine lol

But I do want to upgrade to the best TV possible sometime in the future!

1 Like

your TV probably has 5-6 ms gtg refresh. So it doesn’t need this game mode.
Also some TVs have this mode but still lag because of post-processing. It can be disabled with PC mode. (should rename hdmi source to PC). works on LG and Samsungs. Google about it.

Are you directing this info to me? If so your saying I can go into the HDMI and change it to a PC setting? Ill check it out, thanks !

Well, it’s not some insurmountable thing by any means. It does mean though that you’re inputs will have to be a bit early. This tends to not be super important except when breaking, and particularly when breaking shadows. If your button presses for a proper shadow break aren’t timed with the hits on screen, then input lag is a likely culprit.

But yeah, it’s entirely possible to play extremely well even on a laggy display - you just kind of get used to it and adjust accordingly (and if it’s the only TV you’ve played on, you’ll never even know there was a “difference” to begin with). If you play at an offline event (where they typically have good monitors) you will almost immediately feel the difference though…it actually takes some getting used to, and once you’ve played that way you’re unlikely to want to go back.

1 Like

I have an 18 inch Geames monitor that’s like a portable carrying case that I can test it out on. It shouldn’t have any input delay, compared to my TV anyway.

Its really nice… I use it when I go out of town.

I had a freight truck deliver 4 cases/8 units and leave it at my dock. he never came back for it. So I kept 4 and gave 4 away to my employees as Christmas gifts!

They are retail 249-299$! they just came out with a new Street Fight 5 Vanguard edition and its so bad asss !

What’s the model number for this monitor? You can check out www.displaylag.com 's database and see what the actual lag number is (and it gives you a rating in case you don’t know how to interpret the number). Pretty much any display released in the last few years should be on there.

G155

Gaems Black

Normally if it’s a monitor from a brand I’ve never heard of and it’s not on displaylag.com, I’d be really cautious of it. But it just so happens that Arturo Sanchez (old-school FG player from New York) randomly tested this monitor a day or two ago and posted on twitter that it was under 1 frame of lag (which is as good as it gets).

So yeah, looks like it’s a good option for you!

1 Like

Helllls yeah!!! Can you believe I had 8 of them for free!!! I reccomendtthis to every player epsecially pros that travel! they are average 249$ online and at gamestop and they have only gotten bigger and better since the one I have which was 2 years ago.

And I found this setting on my TV and was able to rename my HDMI input for my Xbox to PC and it looks better so far…now I just need to play and test it! Thanks fro this info!!!

@Infilament @iDr01d @STORM179

I found the game mode selection deep in the HDMI settings!!! Its under Rename external inputs and has a PC option, then you click on PC and it can scroll over to game mode!!!

I can feel the difference…i think? …unless its all in my head!!! LOL

Should I now adjust the picture to the east amount of settings such as gamma, color coolness, ect? I read where the less it transforms the picture…the better game play due to less processing?

Thanks for your help guys! I cant believe I found it…Ive been searching for this in my tv for months now!