Character Balance: The Forum's Impressions Poll

Some interesting results thus far. Without giving too much of a critique, it seems as though Gargos, Fulgore and Arbiter might need some slight tweaks on the high end, while TJ, Wulf, Sadira, Kan Ra, Aganos, Kim Wu and Mira could maybe use some on the lower end.

I’m not calling for nerfs or buffs or move adjustments or new moves, but l see those names and where they’re at so far and it seems familiar given the sentiment I’ve read on the boards. I’ll be very curious to see how IG would adjust these characters prior to a 4th season.

Oh, but as for the Mira talk… She’s my favorite character in this season. Freaking love how she turned out.

Again, I’m just going by the poll numbers themselves (Note - RAAM and TJ have balanced out since I first posted, RAAM so much so that the voters must have some tech for Fulgore and Shago that I have yet to discover). Other than that, the characters I mentioned have the most average-or-below votes, and several of them are majority below average. We can order a pizza and you can shoot that messenger as well if you’d like :slight_smile:

A distribution for a balanced game should have a normal or close to a normal distribution for all the characters. The insane and unviable votes should be reserved for the frustrated or the trolls. Instead, we have what we see here, which is an acknowledgement that however balanced some characters are against most of the cast, there are a couple of matchups so troublesome that they distort the game. We’re getting a pretty clear picture here as to which characters have those for or against them, so I appreciate you posting this.

Does he broadcast? I could use some tips. My TJ went from unviable to underpowered when I stopped waiting for Last Breath - it was a simple thing, but I got stuck in a mental rut and needed a template.

Haven’t read the other posts, just wanted to say that I couldn’t vote “Very Solid” for Glacius because well, Liquidize. And only because of Toneri would I have voted Omen to be insanely powerful but that’s giving less credit to the player.

Hey that won’t stop us from kicking butt :smiling_imp:

1 Like

Uh oh, besides Fulgore, the likes of Sadira, Aganos and Mira are all favorites of mine, no wonder I dont nearly win enough :sweat_smile:

Also to that other poster, really love me some Mira and I dont nearly understand the game wel enough to get out of gold rank, but she doesnt scare me away with her playstyle. Could use someone to train me some with her, any takers?

Damn the Arbiter salt is real.

You guys do realize he got nerfed recently, right?

IMO Glacius should be nerfed. His could shoulder is cancer, it should not be so hard to punish (unpunishable for many chars). Also his combo dmg is seriously off.

Most Glacius players I see spam could shoulder and liquidize all the time, and IMO paradoxically the safest place against him is keep jumping at full screen.

Zoner my ■■■.

2 Likes

Light is -3 (dp punishable).
Medium is -5 (light jab punishable).
Heavy is -8 (most medium attack punishable).

And it only has good pushback when used from max distance.

Someone needs to practice.

3 Likes

Thunder for me has too many tools for a grappler. KI is the only fighting game I know of where a Grappler has an even MU with a zoner (Thunder vs Glacius).
Dp into mk is so active and thanks to the priority system, will trade with dp anti airs.
Easily Top 5 and has been said by lots of us too when discussing tier lists. He doesn’t have a losing MU anymore with his new tools.

1 Like

Good god the Rash and Fulgore salt too. Wow guys XD

I would remind people on the forum that a generic poll about how good people think a character is is not necessarily representative of that character’s actual potential. If 100 people here were to say Fulgore is unviable because they can’t play him well and lose with him, that doesn’t mean that Fulgore is unviable and needs a buff.

Mira is a very strong character, and Wulf remains one of the best footsies and mixup characters in the game. IG may decide to tweak some or all of these characters in the future, but it sure as heck won’t be because of how people scored them on this poll.

3 Likes

I’m fully aware that there’s a lot of bias on this poll and that the devs should take these opinions lightly.

Which is why my comment wasn’t directed at you :slight_smile:

1 Like

This was hard to vote most times because I only believe that small tweaks are needed to some characters for example.
Jago is solid but Shadow Windkick has to many properties , Projectile immune, Travels good distance, Lower body Immune, Throw Immune, plus on block, and fast startup. Its simply too good for 1 meter, The other thing is that he can cancel almost anything unsafe he does with, a dp, shadow meter, or instinct and usually in that order if something doesnt work out just make it safe where most characters have to commit to mistakes and get punished. Those small things are the difference between being Insanely powerful and Very Solid , Gargos, Thunder, Eyedol even though he is new have similar things that just need toned down a little hard to just put them in a broad category when they are just sitting on the border with a strong attack or 2 and Raam needs something to help him with ranged. I main Kan-Ra and unless I mess up I dont feel he has a fair chance.

1 Like

@SonicDolphin117 i really hope that this thread gonna help @developers for another rebalance really really soon nope in 3 months cause there are peoples who sufferer with the actual changes,nerfs etc… thank u.

I wouldn’t count on it. This thread seems very overly biased in some areas.

I see people are still sleeping on Raam. It’s ok. Keep feeding me wins! Maybe IG will do something silly and buff him muwahahaha

1 Like

FROM WHAT I UNDERSTAND, people demand more mobility for raam, and not necessarily a buff because he’s already well like that, but it can be simply improves the distance of its normal and some specials.
imo thats bope too much asking and that dont cost time to do it cause thats mostly a littles simple things to improve :relieved:

More mobility is not a buff?

4 Likes