Character Art

What does red bull do for artwork lol

lol gives you wings!

1 Like

well you didn’t really say if that modle you’re making was KI Art or not : U

Oh
 its not finished, its going to be a Riptor, ill use as an avatar.

This hurts my brain.

Also full of knee-jerk reactions, apparently.
The layout has a lot going on, which is why I said it hurts.
I have no criticisms of your work, positive or negative. Please reserve your rants for when someone is actually trying to attack you.
Also you’re on a public forum, where I am just as welcome to post what I want as you are.
Oh and,

The irony.

PEOPLE If you dont like me or my post, keep it moving
and talk to somebody you like.

Thankyou.

Assuming what I meant and going on a rant is also not an advised strategy. Sure, I could have been clearer so my bad for that. Your response could have been “why does it hurt” and that’s it, we could have had a meaningful conversation from there.

That layout uses a lot of widgets that I’m relatively sure are not your creations, so when I refer to your work, its simply the subject of this topic, the Riptor avatar.
I’ll be flagging your post for the quoted portion right there, just so you know.

Your talking about the desktop?

Those are xwidgets, its free, and no
I did not make any of the widgets

http://www.xwidget.com/

You didn’t exactly come as someone who’d warrent a question, when you insult someone’s work but don’t give any explination yourself as to why it’s not critique, it’s just an insulting opinion. Since you even had an opinion it’s YOUR job to explain why it bothers you to begin with. Not try to elect a response and hope the person who responded to you would be able to ask it. Especially since it’s a more personal.

Knowing how to critique gets you less flack just as being able to take critique is important for the artist.

Don’t fret it’s not all complete garbage. AT LEAST it’s not the Halo Community forums If you really don’t like someone don’t respond or block them if there’s an option.

: U

Ok then lets start over.

1 Like

If you want my opinion dude; I’m gonna say this on the first post, I’ll withhold my opinion because I’m sure it’s still being worked on (I’m refrring to the 3D model and what program do you use to make it?)

As for your desktop wallpaper, I’m sure it’s meant to be more personal so obviously you can make it what you like, however as a work of art, it is a little busy so if you plan to do something art related on here be sure not to add too much stuff so it’s easier for the viewer’s eye.

1 Like

Will be hatching soon.

I see. So you use sculptris. Alright then, so here’s another question, how long have you been using it?

Downloaded it a couple of days ago.
I use hexagon, poser, vue, 3dcoat, and now sculptris.

Ok, I’d suggest couting youtube for tutorials on those, they’ll give you a head start.

One thing I’d also suggest is finding references for your character’s design. That can be anything really pictures, or your own personal drawings, etc, whatever.

I dont like using reference unless I have to. Its not supposed to look exactly like riptor,
I want to feel like Im adding to his creation. If I use a reference I can get it to photo realistic
quality.

What do you use?