CEO 2016 [Schedule][Ki on Saturday]

I finally got to see Storm play! (Great games dude! Your Hisako is sick!) but I missed all the other forum members :confused:

1 Like

I fell asleep during Loserā€™s Finals. The downside of watching at 3am in the morning. Caught up with it now, that was a lot of fun to watch. Sleep kinda threw it away with the counter breakers at the end, it was for a reason but he tried way too many. Watch out for Thompxson, heā€™s likely to take Evo if he keeps going like this.
Been looking through the streams to find the community members. @STORM179 got 3 (vs Nik Millz, Fiyah Liger and Bass) and @RoTeNdO got the final game before the pools block ended. Nobody else sadly :frowning:

I did it to stop him from teleporting, yeah.

Oh I figured that was the case was it also somewhat help tell where he was teleporting (if you didnā€™t notice the retro costume for some reason made his blades glow through the invisibility.) You almost had him though. Do not give nicki any respect. ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  emā€™, He was burning meter like nooneā€™s business.

Iā€™m no cinder main so as far as using him goes thatā€™s not me. I would have seriously considered counter breaking at least twice. At the very least. He got away with so much crap. I was like ā€œcounter break his ā– ā– ā– , burnout him and then do a one chance break.ā€

Iā€™m personally always afraid to counter break unless I ABSOLUTELY know theyā€™re gonna go for it. Thereā€™s also a glitch right now regarding counter breakers with Cinder where it gets rid of burnout for some reason. That needs to be fixed.

Yeah but you saw what nicki was doing. Did you watch the stream now? Keits made some good pointers (not regarding counter breakers mind you but itā€™s the same mind set).

Because if you donā€™t do itā€¦noones gona care. Then theyā€™ll just walk all over you with worry because thereā€™s no challenge. You gotta make it happen.

Itā€™s like players who donā€™t use their first instinct (sometimes you donā€™t get a chance too though), and just end up wasting it so they only get to use it once.

If you didnā€™t watch the sleep vs thompson matches I suggest you do so. Despite sleep tossing out CBerā€™s like noones business they usually werenā€™t severely punished (sometimes not at all) by thompson, DESPITE them coming out every few seconds or so.

Not everyone is gona be ready for a punish despite the clear signs itā€™s there. It happens.Take a risk, or else youā€™ll be missing opportunities. But donā€™t overdo it.

Balance is key.

You should have came to CEO. Then you could have showed people your ARIA.

1 Like

Nope, My ARIA is still in the woodworks. And wonā€™t be ready for months to come. My ARIA has never left training mode yet (except the first time I picked her up during a lobby match months ago.) Iā€™m gathering data and carefully laying out all the stuff before engaging. I need to make precise body switches and setups or else wonā€™t be doing too hot.

That and Iā€™m also waiting on the final character so that I can have all the pieces ready for battle. At the very earliest probably looking atā€¦September maybe she might be ready? Hard to say.

1 Like

Awesome. Looking for some ARIA players I can practice with. Be ready! :wink:

1 Like

Knowledge is key. Thatā€™s why ARIA is the best. Know thy enemy. Then take them out.

Iā€™m sure. But remember, training by yourself is a completely different ballgame than to train with someone. Plus, sure, your excecution could be on point, and your setups are tight, but you got to be able to do that in a high intensity match. Itā€™s a lot harder than it sounds too. So be prepared if all that training doesnā€™t work right away.

1 Like

Of course not. That is a ingredient that can only be done with field work. Thereā€™s nothing I can really do to prepare that. Iā€™m just focusing on the things that I can control. Like wakeup, what works when and why and combo breakers. Since that is VERY crucial to ARA because you can lose one body very quickly.

Because body switching is critical, and so far no ARIA does that on the fly. So I need safety/pressure/setups to gaurentee that plus mix-ups. Every body I need to be able to work with in any given situation, because there will be times where Iā€™m left with one body and I need to make it work.

Do you ever play online? You should practice with @TheNinjaOstrich and I some time. I like to play Aria as wellā€¦maybe we can trade some tech?

1 Like

Yes I do play online, but not with ARIAā€¦yet. Sadira being the good person that she is is ā€œpreparing the wayā€ for me. I like sadira, so she is helping me keep my skills sharp while also trying to get better a combo breaking since I need that crucial skill to be good.

As far as tech goesā€¦wellā€¦as ARIA would say ā€œeven I have some secrets.ā€ Iā€™ll get to them in time. But I need to solidify my gameplan, like body switching, managing assists, mix-ups and setups and trying to figure out the best time to use instinct (Iā€™m still drawing blanks on that one.)

Iā€™ll give you a tease though on techā€¦you can make crescendo + on block.

1 Like