Captain America vs TJ Combo

That really doesn’t tell us much though. He trained to try and be like Ali and Tyson, and we know he was buffed with his nano goodies but there is nothing quantifiable in that paragraph.

How hard does he it? Can he break steel? Entire trees? Large vehicles?

How much can he take? Could he take a punch from somebody who hits with the force of a tank shell? And how many?

Can he keep up with somebody who can run as fast as a car, or somebody who is fast enough to react to gunfire?

I am not saying Captain American is capable of any of those things (I don’t know) but without us seeing TJ doing something or some official source giving us a little something idk how we can pit TJ against somebody like Captain America who has 50+ years of showings and who has fought with the Hulk before (not sure which version).

EDIT

Just realized this is movie version which simplifies things a bit lol

What do you mean you dont know if TJ can hit hard?? Hit knocks opponents way up in the air and his arm does a spinning circle thing? lol
He can punch the ground and make a shock wave! He kicks the crap out of most of the cast int eh novella and in the story mode.

I think without Captains shield…he looses.

Yeah, I kind of have to agree with @FallofSeraphs76 when he says,

In that single paragraph that you quoted, sure there isn’t a lot to go on there…which is why I quoted that paragraph not for a feat per say, but to highlight his knowledge of the sport, and how he approaches boxing in general. But…

TJ Punches the ground hard enough to create shockwaves.

Can he punch through steel or other hard substances? He smashes Fulgore units with his bare hands…he is the only one of the KI fighters who in fact fights Fulgores, or Stalkers, without a weapon. More than likely Fulgore units are made from Steel, Titanium (what TJ’s bionics were made of), or even Ultratine. Needless to say, TJ punches VERY hard…and this is on top of the fact that we know that TJ’s strength stats are superhuman.

Durability? IDK. We know he can take a lot of punishment due to when his ripped his bionics out and didn’t fall unconscious or go into shock, and we also know he healed in short order after sustaining the he did by ripping them out. All in all though, TJ is still human. He isn’t bullet proof, nor is his flesh or bones enhanced in anyway (that we know of). So can he take hit equal to a tank shell? Probably not. But is that really important in regards to this battle?

This isn’t a foot race. Travel speed really isn’t that important in a brawl, especially a brawl happening in a ring. But regardless, we have no quantifiable reaction feats for TJ. We do know though that he fought and defeated many Fulgore units, which would mean that he has avoided various projectiles and laser fire. And it can be inferred through TJ’s gameplay that when he really gets going, everything about TJ get faster: his movement, his attack speed, and his reaction speed included.

IMO, TJ in instinct can match/exceed Cap out right in terms of physical ability…but yeah, only for that specific amount of time.

So gameplay and gameplay mechanics are considered a reliable source for combat here? Alright I was not aware of that. In a lot of other places, like Comicvine, gameplay is usually not allowed to be used unless stated by OP so I was not aware we could do that.

So when I fire up KI and jump over one of Fulgore’s lasers, we are supposed to take that as a definite that TJ > light speed? Or that TJ has light speed reactions? Or that like us, he anticipated and dodged it (aim dodged) it? Or do we assume Fulgore’s lasers aren’t light speed?

Anyway ignoring that, I would say yeah if we are going by things these characters do during gameplay I would say TJ beats MCU captain america since as you said, he can wind his fist up so hard it creates like a mini tornado around it and can punch the ground hard enough to send adult males into the air. And in gameplay, Tj can react to and dodge lasers, etc.

Also, yeah I know it is not a foot race but when dealing with characters with reactions that go higher than normal human’s it does play a factor. For example if we were doing Monkey D. Luffy vs idk, Fulgore I could argue that Fulgore would never be able to even touch him because due to haki (precognition) and his higher speed reactions (able to react to and dodge gunfire and lightning without precog) that there is no way Fulgore could ever touch him until he proves he can match him in speed…which is > speed of sound and considered to be hypersonic +.

I know it sounds like I am bringing up a bunch of stuff irrelevant to this match in particular but if we are going to do battles here I like to know what is and is not allowed or considered ok to use.

Again sorry for the rambling, its been a while since iv participated in a vs discussion and am used to a certain set of “rules” lol

Maybe we should tap ScrewAttack & see if they can do a TJ Combo vs Captain America Death Battle.

Back on the subject of gameplay being used as a source for stats.

Are we to assume that every character in the game can lift multiple tons because they are able to perform a throw on an 8+ foot tall golem made of stone? Or do we assume that they are able to do that only because of gameplay mechanics/balance as it would be dumb for some characters to be able to throw him and some not?

This is why people typically don’t allow gameplay for MK characters. In MK9 we know damn well Stryker could never defeat Shao Kahn in a 1v1 with a measly handgun, yet during gameplay, he can. There are just a ton of variables and problems with it. Look at Injustice, Superman can be damaged by catwoman’s claws, but we all know those claws should shatter when slammed into Superman or Doomsday’s skin.

I know nobody was using anything like that as a case for TJ vs Cpt A. , but again, are we supposed to believe that TJ can hit the ground so hard that he can even send something as heavy as Aganos flying in the air, or that Aganos only goes flying because of gameplay/balance?

This is all kind irrelevant to this match, im just kind of thinking out loud (or on text) here for discussions sake :slight_smile:

1 Like

When I get to a pc I’ll answer. I’m not using game play the way you are.

Edit: here is a LONG post I put on CV years ago. It it goes over my stance on using GP pretry well.

No I get what you are saying, I am just playing devil’s advocate here.

For example TJ can obviously wind his arm up hard enough to create the little wind thing around his arm regardless of who he fights, he sends a shockwave on the ground no matter who he fights, etc. I get it. I am just kind of talking for the sake of talking really haha

Just to be clear I do think Tj wins this fight, so maybe I shouldn’t be talking about hypothetical in here and derailing this thread with something irrelevant here lol

Double edit

Wow surprised I didn’t post in that thread lol I used to post there all the time, especially in defense of MK characters. Ill give it a read :slight_smile:

I agree with the points you raise - this fight would be a split decision most likely. A fight that neither can actually win because they both have their own strong points and neither one has a decisive edge over the other.

I think power wise the each have their advantages, but are all things considered pretty equal…

Captain america is more of a tactician though, spotting weaknesses, etc…

To me TJ Combo is a bit more reckless…I think Cap would use it against him and end up claiming the victory.

Why are we still debating this lol

I thought I had already pointed out who would win and why. I have credible sources cannon to both characters but the argument still stands?

With all due respect, at this point we are engaging in our love for KI opposed to the facts of a character who will undoubtly beat TJ. I mean it as some of you grasp on excuses because you connect better to TJ over Cap because we live in the realm of the KI universe.

I just can’t help but feel dumb for posting something so blatantly factual that it’d be ignored on the premise that Cap only uses a shield or that TJ hits harder based on gameplay mechanics yet negate the many feats he has over TJ.

Edit: Sorry if that came out spitefully. I’m just saying that if people believe TJ can beat Cap than you are comparing TJ to the likes of Hulk, Thor and even Ultron… Which would make TJ the best damn character in the entirety of KI and he’s not. sigh