Can YOU relate to this meme?

Well, I know little about dog breeds honestly. But in the right I see: ragdoll,sacred of birman (seal point); brittish blue, red point Thai (old siamese type); norwey forest cat maybe, charteux (always blue) , japanese bobtail. And the most common one (the tabby cat with white collar) looks like an american wirehair but I’m not sure because I can’t see the fur or any significant detail.

1 Like

Horses must be functional while some dogs are just for show. This is a problem because some aestethics are ver bad for they dog and will cause health problems.
It’s not that easy to tell many differences between horses unless they are pretty visible. Most jumping breeds and runners look pretty much the same.

2 Likes

We got a cat specifically for him to kill rats outside. Does that count as hunting? Lol

1 Like

Pet cats living outdoors is actually dangerous to the environment (or rather, the indigenous animal population) and is not recommended - they’re that good at hunting.

Have a rat issue? Call an exterminator. It’s cheaper.

1 Like

Honestly I think people know more about dog breeds than cat breeds because dogs are more popular in movies which helps cement stereotypes about certain breeds which helps differentiate them. Just look at how many famous dog films there are simply off the top of my head:
Beethoven, Air Bud, Old Yeller, Lassie, Benji, Scooby Doo, Marley and me, Bolt, Man’s Best Friend, Cujo, The Shaggy Dog, 101 Dalmatians, K9, Snow Dogs, etc.

Compared to famous cat movies:
… Garfield? That movie where Kevin Spacey turns into a cat? Yeah.

2 Likes

Yes, that IS very true. In fact, look at Australia’s case for example especially with their feral cat population there :stuck_out_tongue:

Now there is one movie that has BOTH cats and dogs in it: Aptly titled Cats vs. Dogs :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

P.S. Don’t forget Eight Below

@Dayv0 @MaruMDQ @MasterStone1994 Got a question for you guys: What are your favorite AND least favorite cat breeds?

Least favorite, Sphinx cat.

Favorite ,Maine Coon

1 Like

I don’t have a favorite, and all my pets are breedless.

There are a lot of people which takes breedless dogs/cats with lesser consideration than the breed ones. I saw people abandoning animals because they weren’t good for having “pure” breed pets.

Humans can be monsters.

Iris, one of my dogs, born in the streets, and when the vagabond who owned her abandoned her in the animal animal shelter, she had scars from dog fighting and human beating her. Nobody wanted her because she was halfbreed and had scars. I adopted her, and it’s the most kind and loving dog in the planet. Her scars are healed and invisible now, and she is pure happiness every time she sees me.

Sadira, one of my cats, was abandoned because she was halfbreed. I adopted her because she was going to be sacrified, because her former owner said she was violent. I don’t have words to describe how good she is, and how many love she shows to me.

2 Likes

I had a dog adopted from the shelter that was a gorgeous chow/husky mix, a silver chow gifted from my half-brother that resembled a teddy bear, a black and white-spotted tomcat missing an eye that was adopted by our family from being a stray, and another grey and black-striped tabby cat with a healed, but permanently broken tail, that was gifted to us from a family friend.

All 4 animals lived together peacefully under the same roof. I still remember watching 1 of my cats leap off of the roof to save me from an intrusive bobcat.

I miss them all dearly to this day. Amy was poisoned. Bear was shot. Tom was mauled. Jerry was run over.

My family no longer has any pets due to these tragedies. :’(

1 Like

It’s a tragedy, we develop deep love for our pets wich they also give to us, and their lost it’s a tragic one.

I already experienced that time ago, so I can trully simpathy with your sorrow. I have no doubt they had a peaceful and happy life.

2 Likes

the difference I think cats were always good at that, no selective breeding nessecary.

My point is; cats and dogs all look vastly difference because of breeding and domestication. And why we see more obvious variation in dogs then we do cats.

@Davy0…did you by chance name one of your cats after a KI character?

@Galactic Geek…aw that’s HORRIBLE D: man.

2 Likes

Yes, my youngest cat is called Sadira

Why? She arrived when S1 launched, she is white with black hair around her eyes and head(resembling a hood) and when she runs, she jumps a lot
Something like this:
DISCLAIMER: THIS IS NOT MY CAT, JUST A GOOGLE SEARCH

Sounds fitting to me, although I hate KI Sadira, I love my cat XD

3 Likes

I like cat breeds in the way they give us a hint of their “character” , so if you are looking for an specific cat pet that can adjust easily to you it’s better. For instance: Don’t have a bengal cat just because it looks beautiful and wild, you need time to keep the bengal entertained and waste his/her energy. Don’t have a siamese if you don’t like constant “meowing”. Siamese are smart and love to communicate too. Don’t have an abbysinian if you don’t have enough space, I’ve heard they suffer…And so on.

Personally I find cats natural design to be beautiful. Common cats have different colors and patters that make them unique.

If we talk about favourite cats regarding to aesthetics then I like the “classy ones”:

Abbysinian: looks like a cat statue. The color pattern in amazing, looks like an ancient cat. Check the blue one color pattern!

Russian blue: Love those emerald eyes, and the soft hair

Chinchilla Persian: The emerald eyes, the ticked (silver or golden) fur, the black line over the eyes and the little nose make those kitties very beautiful. The persian is a quiet and loving cat that won’t give you a lot of work, however they can have breathing problems becuase breeders want them to have such a short snout (I don’t like that, I prefer them to have a longer one) and if you have one of these you must consider brush them at least once per day.

Another long hair beautiful cat:

Norway Forest cat

I also had a sacred of birman. It’s a wonderful cat, very quiet, and prefers warmer weathers
This was my cat:

And this was my last kitten I bought as a present for my ex boyfriend. She loved me, but it was a present for him so he kept her…u.u
She is a seal point tabby thai siamese.

However the thruth is I’ve always had common cats. Thanks to them I’ve learned a lot about cats =)
This is the classic cat, no breed, I had the most XD (and my best cat by far)

I’ve also read about cat breeds to expand my knowledge, cat behaivours and stuff. Went to cat shows, however I find people from shows pretty strange (I imagine is the same as dogs).

Cheers!

PS: By learning more I made my cats to have nice social skills and were nice to any person too. They could be manipulated and won’t scratch and bite anyone. However cats have their own personalities and you work from that base.

3 Likes

Just for you people, a photo of the real Sadira

The left one is Sadira, the other one is Popete

4 Likes

Que linda!!
My mother doesn’t like black cats because she’s afraid of panthers XD

Just like this:

But I like all cats, however doesn’t mean I’ll let them do what they want, and so the cat-human war begins :smiling_imp::laughing:

1 Like

Kali(my other cat) is also a black cat, and she is very intelligent. As I like to say, “if she would have thumbs, she will be firing guns”(Si tuviese pulgares, dispararía pistolas).

Also she is evil as ■■■■ when someone pisses her, and I’m sure about her being the future earth’s ruler :joy:

2 Likes

Good thing my dog isn’t named Fulgore or he’d stand no chance against her…Lol Should of named her Orchid but eh shrug not my place to really say

1 Like

Show me picture of your cat please! :slight_smile: