Calling the community to help me to help me! *poll closed, final results at bottom of thread!*

I will tell you honestly, after gathering THIS level of information I would have simply called Animal Control, because if it isn’t my pet or the pet of somebody I know, it’s not my business getting something out of a tree.

The only thing I would have done myself would have been to either physically get the dog away from the situation myself or contact the neighbor whose dog it was to do so.

1 Like

That is a completely logical and reasonable reply. None of the things which I apparently am.

This is the greatest story I have read in a long time. Thank you for sharing. Also - I hope that it was meant to be somewhat amusing/self deprecating, because if it wasn’t, then I am a complete douchebag for laughing so much. :disappointed_relieved:

But yes, my original point remains very much in effect, and I thank you for reinforcing it even to me. NEVER ■■■■ with a raccoon.

In all seriousness though, don’t beat yourself over the head over killing it. At the point it latched on, you really weren’t going to get any good outcomes. I’m glad your hand was able to get fixed - as you say, it actually could’ve been a LOT worse!

1 Like

Laugh away man, I have to take humour out of such a ridiculous situation. The guilt of having killed the damn thing aside , I found it hilarious then and still do today. Lol.

I also find it morbidly hilarious that you told me not to beat myself over the head about… Ya know , beating the raccoon over the head… To death… Best pun na.

Also, AGANOS! Has taken the lead!

Ok!, I had intended to close the poll tonight, around now, and then spend a little time getting to know the winners and get a few matches in, but due to being ridiculously sleepy, I am going to let this run until tomorrow around noon so that when it does wrap up I can give some attention to the characters and dive right in. Just too damn sleepy to do anything tonight.

Thanks to those who have voted so far and those that havent… ya know, vote 'n stuff, kthxnbai.

Okay, just got around to reading the raccoon story and believe it or not, I can relate. Not personally, but rather because of what my older brother went through. You see, he’s a construction worker and in an unfortunate event, he was distracted by a co-worker while working at a table-saw, and long-story short, he was later having the tips of 3 of his middle fingers re-attached on his left hand. During his recovery, he would tell me how weird the nerve damage felt because when he would touch something with the tips of his re-attached fingers, he would feel the object he was touching not on the tip of his own fingers, but somewhere down below the 1st joint. It took months for his mind and nerves to re-adjust properly, in addition to his physical use of that hand.

In any case, I bet it’s gotta be hard to watch Guardians of the Galaxy now, eh? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Anyways, back on topic, even though I didn’t vote for him, I’m glad to hear Aganos is winning, since he’s my main. I don’t think he’s as limited in matchmaking as @Blade4693 seems to think he is, but I digress. If he wins the whole thing, and you want to learn some really great tech, feel free to come to me and I can show you some really cool stuff that’ll make you pretty solid (pun fully intended). :wink:

As for how to hold the stick, thanks for the video @Dancovich. I used to own a SF4 Limited Edition fight-stick years ago, but sold it because I could never get the hang of using it. After watching that video, as it turns out, it was most likely because I was using it wrong to begin with. Oh well… Hindsight, I guess. I do just fine with a controller for the most part anyways, but again, it’s still appreciated. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Wow. Racoons man.

And I was the brave soul to look up “Degloving.”

OMG DUDE, That’s so disgusting! It makes me want to cry… I can’t believe that kind of damage could be done from a racoon. :sob: (I have a strong stomach… Sometimes)

On a lighter note, I voted Aganos. I think the walls and Spacing should be fun for you! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Omen isn’t an option :frowning:

2 Likes

Well ladies and gents, thank you all for participating, the poll is now closed!

It looks like Aganos takes the win for most votes! Interestingly enough he is that closest thing to a main that I actually had prior to the poll so I am certainly fine with that!

Tied for last place we have Shago, Rash, Arbiter and Orchid. Shago is listed with 4% vs the others with 3% but it’s just rounding up, as 3-4% still represent a single vote. As stated previously in the event of a tie my 10yr old niece Aubrey will act as the final judge between candidates. Before she can do this however I have to pry her away from Minecraft and off the Skype call to her half sisters. As soon as I can do so I will see about her deciding my fate.

@GalacticGeek - I will definitely hit you up for some Aganos tech.

Welp.

Aubrey has spoken. I opened KI and hooked up my stick and pad and let her take each of the low-voted candidates into training mode where she proceeded to button mash the ■■■■ out of them. I tried to explain how to actually do moves but she was too busy mashing to care.

Then we played a couple sets against each other, myself on Aganos, her on each of the four. She managed to literally button-mash her way to a win at one point, which made her mind up on the spot.

I’ll go ahead and let you all guess which of those characters it likely was… Hint: hahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahabaha

Oh also, she refused to call Rash by his name but instead referred to him as ‘trevor’ because, ha know, Harry Potter… She didn’t like Arbiter because he looked like a bug. I figured she would default to the only female in the lineup, but apparently in her mind it was only really between Rash and Orchid from the start… Until the button mashing win changed her mind.

If you ask me, I think she made a “rash” decision. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I am sure he is used quite a bit, I just meant that I personally don’t seem to get matched up with Agano’s often. I think in Ranked/Exhibition I have come across one or two but keeping in mind that I don’t play long sets online very often, that probably means little lol

I live in the boonies raccoon usually leave us alone and vise versa nasty mofos when aggressive. For you to try and capture a rabid one. Sir here is your lifetime man card. Salute. :beers:

1 Like