Call of the sky

Fix your own mistakes.

Not a mistake? It got you banned! Take responsibility for your actions!

A wise man once said, “Mistakes are always forgivable, if one has the courage to admit them.”

You may have meant to say those words, but if you still should take responsibility of your actions. You got banned because you said something bad. If you don’t want to get banned again then don’t say something like that!

I’m worried that this thread may get off topic : /

1 Like

Not as long as we get back on Topic.

ahem

So is IG going to do Season 3 Retros and make them good, or terrible?

Probably good :smiley:

It wasn’t taken down because it serves as a good example of things that can get you banned.

/and now back to topic

Glad I’m on your good side.
I hope

I’d go through withdrawl if I was banned. :slightly_smiling:

/back on topic

Well guys, What are your ideas for a New Call of the Sky?

What can Call the Sky Lightening style do against Kan-Ra, Aganos, Riptor, Maya, Aria, Cinder, Glacius, Jago, Orchid, Spinal, and TJ? Nothing. Absolutely nothing.

Sadira, and Sabrewulf are the only characters who can Feel annoyed by that attack, and Omen situationally will suffer from it. However those are not even the MU’s he has a hard time against. On Fulgore it would hurt Fulgore’s teleport mix-up if you timed it correctly but that’s it. Otherwise it wasn’t good unless you use it as a Meaty when they had no meter.

Here’s an idea - what if they use the lightning strike as an anti-projectile move. It still animates exactly the same, but It’s much faster than it was before, and comes down from above and can destroy projectiles, but that’s all it does (it’s not actually used to attack the opponent). To balance it out, it still wouldn’t be fast enough or capable enough to destroy 2 or more quick projectiles, like with Spinal’s skulls, Maya’s daggers, Jago’s instinct, Omen’s randomness, or Shago’s surged fireballs - that would still give projectile-wielding opponent’s options, but not without using resources to do it. He could also still have his current CotS as well, so he can activate it (which takes time), destroy 1 projectile, then dodge the next in the case of the above examples - IMO, this would still be balanced because it takes a lot of time to setup properly in anticipation of such zoning. Whether it would affect shadow projectiles is rather quite debatable as I wonder how overpowered destroying them might be vs. not being able to destroy them being underpowered.

What do you guys think?

Neither COS move is perfect, unfortunately.

Although, here’s an odd thought that just came to me - what if S3 COS was a mix of elements from both versions? Here’s an example:

If Thunder triggers COS, he gains his dash buff - none of that changes. But it will also call down the original strike against the opponent. In my mind, this does a couple of things;

• Long activation to gain the buff.

• Lightning can catch the opponent off guard or punish jumpers.

• Lightning can also force a block, which could prevent the opponent from attacking Thunder during the activation frames, but could still be teleported/projectile invulerable/dashed out of.

Maybe this combination is unbalanced, I don’t know - but I think this could be an interesting way to unite fans of the two different COS styles. Maybe they’ve got something entirely new in store, as well. We’ll just have to wait and see I guess.

Personally, I think your version IS unbalanced, but I’d like to pose my idea vs. yours. To the community - which of our 2 ideas do you think would work better overall (while still maintaining balance) and why? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Gg’s is too weak. It doesn’t do much with his bad match ups. It will not assist with the Fulgore zoning problem because of the recovery. Plus some fireballs are just too fast. It doesn’t do too much. Skeletal’s is just too broken. The buff plus a lighting strike? That is a bit much.

Like I said, it may not be balanced, but my thought was that since those who were against the lightning strike had made decent points about the rarity of landing the hit, and how easy it was to avoid or block, and I, like others, have struggled to find usefulness in the dash buff, combining the two would work since it would force you to make a choice between risking being hit by the lightning, or allowing Thunder to gain his buff. In order to do this, they’d likely need to change the buff so that you only earn it when the full activation finishes.

Who said it would have the same recovery as it did before? I certainly didn’t

Well if you increased it,it would be able to destroy 2 or more fireballs which you said it could not right? That means the recovery is slightly faster,the same,or slower which means Fulgore can still unleash the beam which doesn’t solve the problem at all.

It’s a beam, not a fireball. I’d say things like that, his hyper beam, ARIA’s projectiles, Riptor’s fire and such would all be relatively immune to it, simply because they’re limited on range or because they’re just so massive in size as to simply be too big to counter with the lightning strike. It’d effecctively give the properites of Aganos’ finger flick when you really think about it.

I don’t mean stopping the beam. I mean if Fulgore does a fireball and Thunder does the version of CoTS you mentioned,Fulgore would be able to punish with the beam.

Regular laser or hyper beam?