#buffjago

Cool, Then let’s agree to disagree. Use this as a learning experience and take greater care to mention these things first hand. That way next time there won’t be any discrepancy leading to ideas such as this coming about.

I could’ve sworn we were told that Jago’s wind kick ranges were altered so that the pushback wouldn’t be ridiculous – which presumably means that if the hitbox extended out to the foot, then Jago would be spaced far enough away on a blocked wind kick to make counter-pressure weak. (Which seems pretty unfair, considering that the risk-reward on wind kick is already pretty incredible.)

The above being a mechanical concern, it understandably should trump the aesthetic argument that the range should match the graphical model’s foot; and anyway, wind kick is clearly going for the face, and the face is some way away into the typical character’s pretty basic rectangular hurtbox, so I find that the foot tends to line up with the face iff the move connects anyway.

That’s a pretty poor string anyway. You should probably be going for something like crMK xx medium laser sword, which doesn’t quite hit at max range, but it almost always does, which is good enough that I’m willing to work with it. It has 3 frames of advantage over light wind kick, which is enough to give you advantage for follow-up pressure.

(I wouldn’t complain if we got a slight increase in medium laser sword range to make sure crMK xx medium laser sword always connects, though. :wink: )

The issue was the hitbox placement and not ranges. we weren’t informed and another user pointed that out which is documented on youtube. The string served me well in its day. And like with said string and this argument I’ve moved on.

1 Like

Well, who knows…

Honestly, it doesn’t feel so bad now.

Maybe they readjusted it!

He wants it to dispense cupcakes Keits.
God, you should know this! Every fighting game has someone with cupcake dispensing kicks.

All of my what.